PDA

View Full Version : working with social services??

adele1985
18-02-2013, 05:51 AM
i got contacted over on friday by my family information service asking about emergancy care for a lo for over night care 3 nights this week, i agreed and they said they would get the mums social worker to ring me back

she rang give me all the details i needed and said mum would be in touch to sort paperwork out

i went and met mum yesterday so she could fill in paper work and the lo is getting dropped of by social worker on tuesday morning then i will have him until friday morning

just woundering if anyone else has had an expereince like this before - i wouldent mind doing this for diffrent familities on a long term basis but not really sure how it would work - maybee just mention it to social worker when she brings lo ????

shortstuff
18-02-2013, 06:18 AM
I would say the social worker is definately the best option.
Good on you for going that extra mile to support a family that needs it :-)

adele1985
18-02-2013, 06:31 AM
i think ill just ask when they come tomorrow

i was actually thinking about asking them how i would go about becoming a foster caraer for rest bite care / emergancy care

shortstuff
18-02-2013, 06:41 AM
You can usually look up foster caring on the internet :-)

RuthJ
18-02-2013, 10:58 PM
Hope it goes ok :)

adele1985
19-02-2013, 07:00 AM
thank for the support everyone but to be honest im not even sure if its going ahead now :(

social worker was suposed to phone to confim times yesterday - i waited until ater 3 then txt mum to see if she had heard off her - mum had been taken into hospital last night so lo was taken into emegancy placement - i asked if i would still have lo and replied that she wasnt sure but she was seeing social worker last night

still not heard a thing from social worker and i dont really want to bother mum anymore

Tazmin68
19-02-2013, 07:45 AM
With my local authority they do not like childminders being foster careers. We are allowed to adopt but not foster.