PDA

View Full Version : Getting a puppy!!

melco
17-02-2013, 06:07 PM
Hi,

We are going to look at a puppy tomorrow and I have informed all my parents who are happy. I have a pet policy in place in case I ever needed to use it but just wondered if I have to let anyone know. Do I need to contact Ofsted or Environmental Health or just make sure I have everything in place for when they do come?

Thanks for your help in advance

Melco

Trouble
17-02-2013, 07:47 PM
I would let ofsted know change of circumstances

tell them that you have a policy and that parents are fine with it

Daisy De
17-02-2013, 07:52 PM
I have two dogs both from puppies and did not inform anyone official.

I have a pet policy, risk assessment and a form showing when they have flea, worming, annual injections and vet visits. I was inspected a year ago and she did look at all these things but seemed happy with them. I had heard some inspectors didn't like pet water bowls but I was ready to defend that, there is no way they are not having access to water and also my dogs have free range of my house and garden, none of these points were mentioned by the inspector.

melco
19-02-2013, 08:36 AM
What about NCMA do they need to know? And if I call Ofsted will they then want to inspect me again. I was only inspected in July 2012

mum24
19-02-2013, 08:45 AM
I doubt that they world want to re inspect, you just need to say parents informed, policy in place, etc.
It should just be a formality really.