PDA

View Full Version : observations

chezzagriff
17-02-2013, 11:58 AM
When doing observations do you give parents a copy? Also do you ask them to sign the original one to say that they have seen it? Lastly how would link to EYFS, do you just highlight the age range or write it in. If anybody would be willing to share a copy of what their sheets look like I would be more than grateful. I have made one but it just doesnt seem to be enough space on one page to fit everything on as well as parent/child comments.
Thanks everyone

chriss
17-02-2013, 12:13 PM
Are you meaning an assessment of where they are at on the development matters age ranges ? If so, would be interested to see how you write up the initial assessment.

chezzagriff
17-02-2013, 12:24 PM
Monthly observations. I have attatched a copy of my sheet

sarah707
17-02-2013, 02:07 PM
I don't give every obs to parents... and I don't ask for their comments on every obs...

I don't do this because I know I would end up with empty boxes.

I ask parents for regular feedback and I invite them in regularly to look at LJs. I find out what the child is doing at home and I ask for home contributions. I do what the EYFS tells me and encourage home learning and I share lots of information.

All my parents are absolutely brilliant :clapping: but they simply wouldn't comment on them all :D

blue bear
17-02-2013, 03:28 PM
Look in the free resources, Sarah has donated a fabulous observation sheet with guidelines. Agree I don't get parents to sign every onbservation, we go through the learning journal three times a year and ask for comments then.

chriss
17-02-2013, 06:34 PM
Thank you both. Will take a look in the resources...I keep forgetting its there :)