PDA

View Full Version : childcare.co.uk

chezzagriff
17-02-2013, 08:58 AM
Ok so I paid for a month on childcare.co.uk last night which I begrudged doing as it was only to find details of one parent. Thought while Im at it I might as well have a look through. Glad I did as I have now contacted 6 parents :D Im just hoping at least one of them get back to me now ha ha. Makes me feel a bit better about paying £20 that I havent got too

sarah707
17-02-2013, 09:04 AM
Ok so I paid for a month on childcare.co.uk last night which I begrudged doing as it was only to find details of one parent. Thought while Im at it I might as well have a look through. Glad I did as I have now contacted 6 parents :D Im just hoping at least one of them get back to me now ha ha. Makes me feel a bit better about paying £20 that I havent got too

Whoooo! 6 possible contacts that is brilliant!

A friend of mine was telling me only the other day how she has filled all her spaces from the site - so fingers crossed for you!!

While you are a member, don't forget to look in 'Childminder Plus' - there are lots of extra benefits :D

chezzagriff
17-02-2013, 09:29 AM
Thanks I will do. Im really excited I cant stop checking my phone and emails. ha ha

Rick
17-02-2013, 09:43 AM
Thanks I will do. Im really excited I cant stop checking my phone and emails. ha ha

That's actually something I'm glad I don't have to do anymore! I found I was checking it constantly as my childminder friend kept getting in the first! :D

chezzagriff
17-02-2013, 10:41 AM
Yeah Im the same trying to make sure someone doesnt get in there before me! I will be glad when I get someone in and can stop checking every 2 minutes.

AliceK
17-02-2013, 12:14 PM
It is definitely worth contacting parents from on there. I contacted a parent who wasn't that close to me and didn't work that close but I thought I've got nothing to lose. They came and saw me, were lovely and signed up. I've had LO for 5mths now and they have just written me a reference for Ofsted which mentions the fact that I am 25mins out of their way but how worth it it is etc.
So my advice, don't be too put off by specific location, some parents are willing to travel a bit further :thumbsup:

I think all but one of my parents have come from that site.

xxxx

chezzagriff
17-02-2013, 12:37 PM
Thanks, I actually have one parent coming to see me on Tuesday now :D:D:D:D Im so nervous its my first parent, just putting my parent pack together and double checking the rest of my paperwork!

cherry
17-02-2013, 12:43 PM
Fingers crossed for you, let us know how you got on :thumbsup:

Marshmallow
17-02-2013, 05:41 PM
Good luck :thumbsup:

Jelly Baby
17-02-2013, 05:55 PM
Good luck..i contacted loads and got replys but nothing came of it..worth trying though just need some kids and its really hard where i am!

Jelly Baby
17-02-2013, 08:27 PM
It is definitely worth contacting parents from on there. I contacted a parent who wasn't that close to me and didn't work that close but I thought I've got nothing to lose. They came and saw me, were lovely and signed up. I've had LO for 5mths now and they have just written me a reference for Ofsted which mentions the fact that I am 25mins out of their way but how worth it it is etc.
So my advice, don't be too put off by specific location, some parents are willing to travel a bit further :thumbsup:

I think all but one of my parents have come from that site.

xxxx

WELL! I decided to go on the site and contact a couple of parents in the next town. I have had a reply already (a mum i contacted ages ago but the profile has changed)it is a full time job which would be fab BUT i have had to add a bit on for me travelling there and back which i think has made it probably too expensive but worth asking. Fingers crossed! Least i can poss barter down a bit!

bernesewalking
17-02-2013, 08:31 PM
I've got a lot of mindees from this website, Wouldn't have got so busy without it :clapping:

Jelly Baby
17-02-2013, 08:39 PM
I've got a lot of mindees from this website, Wouldn't have got so busy without it :clapping:

Ive never had one person wish i could just get one more child. Would love this job ive applied fro but without being negative i can't see them paying what ive quoted.

bernesewalking
17-02-2013, 09:14 PM
Ive never had one person wish i could just get one more child. Would love this job ive applied fro but without being negative i can't see them paying what ive quoted.

Have you told them about the vouchers they can get through work that will help them save money, she may even beable to get help through working tax credits, I've had some where I thought I wouldn't hear back and then very surprised when they do, good luck tho x

kats
17-02-2013, 09:32 PM
Over the years nearly all the children i have minded have come to me via this site and even now i get lots of people contacting me. dont know what i would have done without it, well worth the fee i pay every 3 months :)

kellib
17-02-2013, 10:40 PM
Good luck, I got all 6 of my mindees from there :)

vikkit
17-02-2013, 10:53 PM
Good luck chezzagriff!! Hope it goes well

chezzagriff
18-02-2013, 05:33 PM
Thanks :D When you send a parent a message on childcare.co.uk do they get an email notification to tell them?

Richard
18-02-2013, 05:35 PM
Thanks :D When you send a parent a message on childcare.co.uk do they get an email notification to tell them?

Yes they do.

Rick
18-02-2013, 07:57 PM

Yes and they are also able to reply even if they haven't upgraded.

jackie 7
18-02-2013, 08:20 PM
I got most of my parents this way. I no longer feel bad sending messsages to them but remember if you dont log in they dont know you have checked them out. very useful sometimes.

RuthJ
18-02-2013, 10:16 PM
Well done. I've had 3 mindees via child care.co.uk

Good luck with the parent visit!

nipper
18-02-2013, 10:26 PM
Love childcare.co.uk, and have got nearly all of my mindees from there.

A quick question to Richard...why aren't parents who haven't logged on in say two years, automatically deleted. If i do a search for parents nearest to me, the first one last logged on in 2010. I find this actually gets in the way of searching for prospective parents. I also think it would be good to make it compulsory to leave at least some details of childcare requirements, rather than just personal information. At least that way, it makes it easier to contact a parent if you have a rough idea of what they need? Just a thought.

chezzagriff
18-02-2013, 10:32 PM
I think they should be deleted as I had that problem. I ended up changing it to last logged in but then I still had to have a good search as a lot of them were far away from me. I have received another message off another parent a few minutes ago :D so glad I joined now

nipper
18-02-2013, 10:36 PM
You go girl:clapping:

SDC34cr
18-02-2013, 11:38 PM
Hi well done. I have advertised on there and got a couple of families, my daughter has also got some babysitting jobs from there as well. I log in at least once a week and then you become top of the list on last login. Good to keep yourself near the top evening if you haven't got spaces as it keeps your name circulated.