PDA

View Full Version : questionnaires???

kims kingdom
16-02-2013, 08:54 PM
Has anyone written a questionnaire for parents if so any suggesttions on what questions to ask? All the advice woukd be very gratefull as still new to childminding and still need to get my head round certain things thanks forum

nikkiv
17-02-2013, 12:28 AM
I just have things like are they happy with the overall care their child receives? Is there anything that could be improved? Are they happy with the communication they receive? ie daily diaries, newsletters obs etc. Are they happy with the menus? Could there be any improvements? That's just a fe of the questions can't remember them all off hand. There's a space for any other comments t the end! I'm just designing a questionnaire for the older children

MessybutHappy
17-02-2013, 09:02 AM
Be careful, I worded my first one badly and it reads like a catalogue of the things they aren't happy with rather than the things that are! give them one free text box and less then to positive statements elsewhere..."which areas of your childs development are you most pleased with"...

JoRo163
17-02-2013, 09:10 AM
I sent mine out to parents a month ago. Not a single one came back!

I do sometimes wonder why I bother with the extra paperwork of questionnaires, newsletters etc who knows if they are actually even looked at!!

margaret
17-02-2013, 09:19 AM
When you give out paperwork to parents tell them you want it back by a specific date ,text them to remind them on specified date ,and note in journal if not handed back - they dont like when you do this and you soon get forms back .Some parents just find form filling difficult and might want some help from you.

kims kingdom
17-02-2013, 10:21 AM
I just have things like are they happy with the overall care their child receives? Is there anything that could be improved? Are they happy with the communication they receive? ie daily diaries, newsletters obs etc. Are they happy with the menus? Could there be any improvements? That's just a fe of the questions can't remember them all off hand. There's a space for any other comments t the end! I'm just designing a questionnaire for the older children

Thank you for that ill get started but I don't do newsletters though so hopefully questionnaires should be enough
Thanks again

kims kingdom
17-02-2013, 10:23 AM
Be careful, I worded my first one badly and it reads like a catalogue of the things they aren't happy with rather than the things that are! give them one free text box and less then to positive statements elsewhere..."which areas of your childs development are you most pleased with"...

Good point ill remember that when writting mine thanks for you reply:)

blue bear
17-02-2013, 10:57 AM
i add numbers for parents to make judgments against as well space to write their answer, some parents find it quicker to circle a number than write an answer, then there are others for whom writing is difficult so it's important to find a way of gaining their thoughts in a way that suits them.

JoRo163
17-02-2013, 12:34 PM
When you give out paperwork to parents tell them you want it back by a specific date ,text them to remind them on specified date ,and note in journal if not handed back - they dont like when you do this and you soon get forms back .Some parents just find form filling difficult and might want some help from you.

I think I will have to start doing this. Thank you!