PDA

View Full Version : Orbit tracking

Buttonsjan
16-02-2013, 07:48 PM
Hi all
I've just started to get the hang of this, got half of the parents on board so I've got access to tracking ... only I just don't get it!!

I currently have the dev matters statements printed off and marked so I've got a great visual of where they are, next steps, gaps in learning etc.

Can I achieve this thro orbit?

phoenix2010
16-02-2013, 08:09 PM
In my opinion you cant achieve everything through Orbit

I love it and have been using it for about 3 months

I upload all my observations onto it and it provides a great stream for the parents to see and also you can print off a very nice learning journey

I have started concentrating on the gaps and filling those otherwise you end up with lots in one area and few in others

the evaluation template is great , but i lost a whole evaluation once when there was a glitch on the site so I have developed my own template of their evaluation page on a word document and I use that now

There is no facility to log next steps so I do that manually in their folders on good old fashioned a4 paper

and the 3 types of learning is also difficult to log on orbit , so I am just going to use a colour coded highlighter pen
system on the orbit printed learning journeys

so as you can see I have found my own way of making the most of what orbit does really well and developing my own methods of tracking things that orbit dont currently offer in an easy format

i hope that all makes sense

Buttonsjan
16-02-2013, 08:32 PM
Thanks Phoenix
Yep you make sense!
That's kind of what I was thinking - I love it to stream the info to families.

I'll still link the dev matters to photos rather than sending them to the album but I think I'll stick to my paper tracking.

Ta!

zippy
18-02-2013, 11:59 AM
I don't use their tracking, stick to highlighting my dev matters sheets, love it for everything else but couldn't get my head round how that would work, I did do an evaluation on it was like a settling in summary, where are we at now for newbie, worked ok, but just prefer to see where we're at at a glance, or at least where we new to be going.

happyhome
18-02-2013, 06:54 PM
Hi all
I've just started to get the hang of this, got half of the parents on board so I've got access to tracking ... only I just don't get it!!

I currently have the dev matters statements printed off and marked so I've got a great visual of where they are, next steps, gaps in learning etc.

Can I achieve this thro orbit?

What is orbit tracking. Ive seen a few posts but dont know what it is.

phoenix2010
18-02-2013, 06:58 PM
the orbit website ...google orbit.so

Porridge
18-02-2013, 08:17 PM
If only there was an online system that did it all. I loved having the development statements available ln my phone, but id love to find a system where i could create an electronic journal showing everything.

Buttonsjan
19-02-2013, 02:48 PM
Porridge, I agree, if only I was clever enough to write my own!!

ChocolateChip
19-02-2013, 04:11 PM
Sorry to hijack but I am looking at using orbit for diaries, do any of you do this? If so would appreciate some pros and con :)

phoenix2010
19-02-2013, 04:56 PM
I dont think it has a diary facility , do you mean baby days ?