PDA

View Full Version : Its funny what you can find out whilst shopping in waitrose...

WibbleWobble
16-02-2013, 05:48 PM
i popped into waitrose on the way home from my OU tutorial in Manchester.....and there in the shop was my local schools Head of Early Years....she came over to me and said she had been trying to attract my attention at school- i now use a different gate. She wanted to say how fab my learning journals were as she was shown O's book before xmas (O's mummy is a teacher at the school) and how she looks forward to seeing more of my work when the children i have make the transition to school. She also showed me the 2Simple app she is introducing as from September and went through the basics with me. We talked about the potential seemless transition between my setting and school if i used the same format here........

i think this could be a good example of "working in partnership with other settings" - am i right? She thought so.

wibble x

mum24
16-02-2013, 08:07 PM
Wow well done you. :-)

blue bear
16-02-2013, 08:28 PM
Oh how nice,one for her to mention how good she thinks your work is and two for her to treat you as a fellow professional, all that work promoting childminders as professionals is now paying off :clapping:

chezzagriff
16-02-2013, 11:50 PM
Its nice to know that people are talking so positively about you and the fact she made effort to tell you

MessybutHappy
17-02-2013, 08:10 AM
Fabulous! How lovely for you, I'd be on a high following a conversation like that.

samb
17-02-2013, 11:27 AM
Wow sounds great well done you!