PDA

View Full Version : WHY COMPLACENCY IS NOT AN OPTION 3

sarah707
16-02-2013, 05:24 PM
I would like to thank Ms Truss for making my job easier in the future :jump for joy:

I want to thank her because I won’t have the worry of thinking about continuity of care for the older children once they start school!!

They will all go to after school clubs - Ms Truss is changing the rules to ensure clubs are nice and easy for schools to set up.

I want to thank her for not having the worry of how to care for babies any more!

They will all go to nurseries who have an extra baby space per adult... not even a teacher just a some slip of a girl who looks after them in a baby room full of cots and nappy changing facilities... and to agency childminders who will be set up via nurseries and desperate for the work.

I want to thank her for not having to worry about looking after 2 year olds any more!

They will all go to a combination of nurseries and pre-schools, where teachers will be able to look after 6 children each.

Of course I might get the odd bit of work ferrying them to and from nurseries and pre-schools to offer a full wrap around service for parents which will get in the way of my nail and hair appointments - but I am sure agency childminders will get first refusal on those sessions - because the agencies have to fill agency childminder spaces quickly to make the agencies sustainable - so I won’t have to worry too much.

I want to thank her for not having to worry about planning activities for the pre-school children any more!

Lots more will be in school for longer - especially as she is encouraging schools to take children from age 2 which will mean they are nicely settled by this age. Then of course they will all go to agency childminders because the agencies will be marketing heavily to bring in new business - once they are full themselves of course.

Agency childminder prices will be lower as well - so they are going to get the lion’s share of the new business - because Ms Truss has said that her plan will bring down costs. Me?? Well I will not be prepared to compromise care, buy cheaper food, spend less on resources etc by lowering my prices because I barely scrape a living as it is... so off my current children will go too if my parents are worried about how much they are spending on childcare.

Newly registered agency childminders won’t know any different... bless them... and they will get all the extra benefits of being registered so they will just be happy to be off benefits and working.

Isn’t it wonderful how Ms Truss will make my job so much easier? :clapping:

I can go on benefits and live off the state! Yipeeee! More time to drink coffee, eat cake and watch daytime TV for meeeeee!

:ohdear: :ohdear:

sarah707
16-02-2013, 05:24 PM
Some people you might like to write to over the weekend if you do not share my optimism for the future...

Ms Truss - elizabeth.truss.mp@parliament.uk

Ofsted - Sir Michael Wilshaw

Sharon Hodgson Shadow Secretary of State for Education is listening and inviting comments (at the end of the article) - Labour listens to childminders' anxieties about free entitlement | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/news/rss/1168491/Labour-listens-childminders-anxieties-free-entitlement).

Kate Green MP - Salford - kate.green.mp@parliament.uk is asking for people to contact her and tell her about the impact of the plans

Small business minister - michael.fallon.mp@parliament.uk and Shadow small business minister - toby.perkins.mp@parliament.uk. We are small businesses who are going to be adversely affected if the plans go ahead.

Lucy Powell - labour - Manchester - has asked questions in the House and is listening - contact@lucypowell.org.uk - Child Care: 13 Feb 2013: House of Commons debates - TheyWorkForYou (http://www.theyworkforyou.com/debates/?id=2013-02-13a.1009.0&s=dual+use)

If they say ‘you are not in my constituency’ you might consider saying in your email ‘I am speaking on behalf of childminders who are in your constituency and who tell me they are seriously considering how they vote at the next election.’

They all seem to follow the same formula - firstname.lastname.mp@parliament.uk

Huffington Post - HuffPostUK@huffingtonpost.com

Letter writing ideas - http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/forum/campaigns-petitions/114418-letter-writing-more-ideas.html - if you can’t access them let me know.

Heaven Scent
16-02-2013, 05:36 PM
LOL - but too true - I wonder if anyone will sit up and pay attention to us - I find the whole thing very scary at the moment and will need to reconsider my job in the near future - such a shame as I love my job so much and have invested so much time, money & blood sweat and tears into it.

sarah707
16-02-2013, 06:05 PM
LOL - but too true - I wonder if anyone will sit up and pay attention to us - I find the whole thing very scary at the moment and will need to reconsider my job in the near future - such a shame as I love my job so much and have invested so much time, money & blood sweat and tears into it.

Don't give up yet!!

I am passionate about my role in the lives of little people. I spend hours and hours of my own time making sure they have an amazing time while they are here.

I am totally dedicated to raising outcomes for every child who attends... and I know you are too!!

I don't want to stop doing that because of some ill thought out Govt plan :(

There is still a lot of fight left in us if we all pull together and shout loudly enough! :cheerleader:

manjay
16-02-2013, 06:12 PM
Are you a little bit cross by any chance Sarah?:clapping::laughing:

cbj1609
16-02-2013, 06:24 PM
Don't give up yet!!

I am passionate about my role in the lives of little people. I spend hours and hours of my own time making sure they have an amazing time while they are here..
I am totally dedicated to raising outcomes for every child who attends... and I know you are too!!

I don't want to stop doing that because of some ill thought out Govt plan :(

There is still a lot of fight left in us if we all pull together and shout loudly enough! :cheerleader:

I am becoming so demoralised by it all. I had a new parent come around and I had to explain that I wasn't actually going to be changing anything but after discussing I think she is going to wait and see if agencies take off and register to get cheaper care - her loss.

Do we know what will happen if we do not register with an agency? I work really hard looking to make sure that the children I care for get the best care.
I have 5 of my own children and I wouldn't have sent them to an agency child carer.

Quite happy to write to the above people and voice my opinion,

hectors house
16-02-2013, 07:51 PM
Thank you again Sarah for finding out and collating all the names and address of people we need to write to - I was thinking of writing a letter to my local newspaper too to try to alert any childminders who still don't know the extent of these proposals. Have written to my local MP but as he is Minister of State for Environment, Food and Rural Affairs in DEFRA he is up to his withers in the Horse meat scandal at the moment!:D

sarah707
16-02-2013, 09:15 PM
Are you a little bit cross by any chance Sarah?:clapping::laughing:

Just a smidge :laughing: :D