PDA

View Full Version : How do you ?

Marshmallow
16-02-2013, 02:25 PM
:panic:

Lordy, how do we say no ?

I have been childminding for 4 years now, and even though I worry about everything, I'm doing ok, but...............................
How do we say 'No', my husband is convinced I'm going to end up in an early grave giving in to everyone's request and worrying about all my little people.

How does everyone else manage ?:D

nikki thomson
16-02-2013, 02:42 PM
I know what you mean I always say yes even when I really don't want to do something as I feel mean if I say no but my hubby like yours is always saying just say you can't do it.
I don't know why I do it tbh I think it's because I just can't lie and when a parent says can you work an extra day next week I can never think quick enough to come up with an excuse and I don't like to just say no I don't want to but I'm going to start saying no as its just to much and do feel like parents think oh it doesn't matter it's only nikki she won't mind!!! Well I do so it's going to change it has to. X

shortstuff
16-02-2013, 02:46 PM
Just imagine you have just been asked to look after their lo's for free for the next ten years. The no's come flooding out lol. Or they do for me :-)

Jenna
16-02-2013, 02:50 PM
I'm always the same I seem to bend over backwards and never get any thanks for it I need to learn to say NO and fast.

Marshmallow
16-02-2013, 03:15 PM
I'm always the same I seem to bend over backwards and never get any thanks for it I need to learn to say NO and fast.

:blush: We can't................ Sometimes, my mind is saying no and my mouth is saying yes, how does that work ? :censored:

sarah707
16-02-2013, 03:32 PM
I have got much better at saying no over the last few years!

I practice in front of the mirror if it's a tricky situation.

I also say 'I'll have to check my diary / partner / children's schedules etc and get back to you'... that gives me some breathing space before i say 'no'...

:D

toddlers896
16-02-2013, 03:40 PM
this is my downfall too. I am hopeless at saying No. I moan about it all the time but its my own fault. The other day i was asked to keep a child for an exra week and i was so looking forward to them finishing. I should have just said No i cant but i said yes yes of course no problem then i came in and moaned at my hubby. He said dont moan at me i just heard you at the door.:rolleyes:
Ime a people pleaser and i suppose it boils down to that with me. I want people to like me so i find it hard to say no to anybody or anything within reason ha ha.

snortlet
16-02-2013, 04:05 PM
I have got much better at saying no over the last few years!

I practice in front of the mirror if it's a tricky situation.

I also say 'I'll have to check my diary / partner / children's schedules etc and get back to you'... that gives me some breathing space before i say 'no'...

:D

I've found this has helped me lately too

Daisy De
16-02-2013, 04:56 PM
I think it comes with time. In my early days I was a right mug, got taken for granted left, right and centre.

Now, after 19 years, I listen to my inner voice and although the occasional yes pops out there are more sorry nos. I still try and be flexible and help my parents as much as possible but I do recognise when a request is unrealistic or when an initial small request is going to develop into being taken for granted further down the line.

chezzagriff
16-02-2013, 05:06 PM
Thats my one.. I will have to check and get back to you, gives you time to either consider the benefits from saying yes or make a good excuse if you dont wanna just simply say no :D

jillplum
16-02-2013, 06:57 PM
I say oh hang on let me check my calender. This gives me a few moments to decide if I want to do it or not and an excuse if I dont eg sorry cant do it that day. It gets easier the more you do it.