PDA

View Full Version : HELP PLEASE!

kime
16-02-2013, 09:23 AM
I have some new girls starting with me next week aged 6 & 12. It will usually be school runs & a couple of hours in the evening although it will be longer hours in the school hols.

I understand what I need to achieve in relation to the younger children for the EYFS but what about this age?! Is there anything I should be working towards? Do I need to keep progress reports like for the EYFS??

Would appreciate any advice :)

Rick
16-02-2013, 01:23 PM
This is taken straight from the EYFS Statutory Framework.

Wrap around and holiday providers
1.3 Wrap around and holiday providers should be guided by, but do not necessarily need to meet, all the learning and development requirements. Practitioners should discuss with parents and/or carers (and other practitioners and providers as appropriate) the support they intend to offer, seeking to complement learning in settings in which children spend more time.

So you do not need to do the full EYFS but it doesn't mean you can't. You may wish to do a contact book for each girl, and possibly combine it with a scrapbook with photos, artwork etc

sarah707
16-02-2013, 03:39 PM
I offer my older children the opportunity to do a scrap book - they don't really bother tbh but they do all contribute to displays and other bits and bobs that go into our photo album.

They mostly plan their own time - we chat about festivals, special days etc and they decide what and how much they want to do within guidelines.

I'd find out what they enjoy at home as well. That will give you clues. :D

kime
17-02-2013, 08:43 PM
Thanks for the advice guys.

I have thought about doing a scrap book and have had some ideas from their mum about what they enjoy doing & will find out more from them tomorrow :)