PDA

View Full Version : Ahhh garden is a mud bath!!!

jax clinch
16-02-2013, 08:07 AM
Help, garden has been wrecked by weather and dogs. Thinking about wood chipping half of it. Anybody bought large amount of wood chippings and recommend anywhere reasonable price? Or anybody any other ideas ?? Thanks

sarah707
16-02-2013, 08:55 AM
My grass is the same - the poor children who do go on it just slide around.

I have 3 areas - grass / muddy puddle... bark with membrane underneath... paved patio with a cover.

The patio is fab and means we can get outside through most of the winter if the children want to go out.

The bark is play bark and the membrane stops the worst of the weeds. It needs replacing every year and it can become a cat toilet if you don't watch out for them :( but we don't have too many problems.

hth :D

mushpea
16-02-2013, 02:09 PM
I got so fed up with a mud bath most of the year we block paved it all, now we have a hard non muddy surface which children can use all year round, its easy to clean, just a quick sweep up and when the dogs 'been' I pick up and wash with a bit of detol in the watering can, the kids love it cause they can chalk on it, ride toys all over the place, and play outside all year round and in any weather as its great for puddles too.