PDA

View Full Version : landlord permission?

Rachael's stars
15-02-2013, 08:17 PM
Hi iv spoken to my landlord abput childminding in my house i rent and after saying he would get back to me after he checked with his morgage company and landlord insurence company he just phoned me amd to say im hacked of now is an understatement i pay £750pcm for a 3 bed house he said for me to childmind in this house he has to put it up to £820 and month..... i very much doubt his premiums are going to go up by £960 per year !!!!! And now i dont no what to do i cant afford to move again weve only been here since last may and i cant afford all that extra rent,

MagdalenaS
15-02-2013, 08:25 PM
Hi I am renting my house as well. I did told my landlady that im starting to child mind from there.
She was saying something about her insurance, but at the end because I insure myself she said there nothing to do with her.

My neighbours are fine with it and I have only 6 kids at one time (with more i will need planning permission).

I think you do not need permission from you landlord to start you business.

Rachael's stars
16-02-2013, 01:25 PM
I dont mind paying the increase on his lsndlord insurence policy but i think hes just using this as an excuse to jack up our rent, we could rent out a 4 bed house for less than what hes wanting in this area

blue bear
16-02-2013, 01:54 PM
that's a lot of money, could you ask for the insurance company to send the bill for the extra insurance to you and you pay it direct? Or look to move some where else?

Rachael's stars
16-02-2013, 02:12 PM
To be honest i dont think his morgage company know hes renting it out so im starting to doubt he even has landlord insurence something isnt fitting right his morgage statements come to my house and we dont have a forwarding address for him, i think im just gping tp have it out with him and if i neef to move i need to move

phoenix2010
16-02-2013, 02:17 PM
my landlord is legit and said nothing about a rise in insurance when i asked about minding so I think thats bull

ask your landlord to forward you a copy of the quote that you recieved so that you can see exactly what it is they are asking the extra money for

my guess is they wont do this because they havnt had a quote and they are just using it as an excuse to get more money out of you

Rachael's stars
16-02-2013, 02:37 PM
Thats what im thinking i no his morgage paymemts are more than our rent but he would only be able to rent the house out on what the basis of what other 3 beds in the area go for and were already paying about 60-70 more for the house purley because its in a new housing estate and has a massive garden, our carpets were filthy when we moved in and iv had them professionally cleaned twice they were that bad and again all the syains have come back through, the place was a dump when we moved in so if he wants to charge more he wont be getting any more money untill these things are sorted

FussyElmo
16-02-2013, 02:46 PM
Hi I am renting my house as well. I did told my landlady that im starting to child mind from there.
She was saying something about her insurance, but at the end because I insure myself she said there nothing to do with her.

My neighbours are fine with it and I have only 6 kids at one time (with more i will need planning permission).

Sorry but you do need permission if you started to childminding without permission all your insurance would be invalid contents/buildings and public liablity :-(

Jenna
16-02-2013, 02:54 PM
I registered lady year in Wales and had to put a copy of my permission letter off our landlord in with my application. Our landlords are fab and have been great ever since I started. When ever we have a problem it's fixed straight away we couldn't ask for better i now look after her 2 nephews and as she's the child development teacher at the local high school I've even taken the children into some of her lessons for the students to observe.

rickysmiths
16-02-2013, 03:49 PM

You do need the permission of your Landlord before you childmind. You have to make sure their insurance and if they have one Mortgage Company are happy. Just the way you do if you own your own home. You have to check your mortgage company and insurers are ok. You would be very silly to just carry on and not get the correct permissions as this could invalidate your Public Liability Insurance.

Rachael's stars
16-02-2013, 04:49 PM
Luckily im not registered yet but i will be asking for the proof from morgage company and insurence company and see what he dose, im happy to pay a bit of money but cant justify £70 extra a month,

Would he be able to have landlord insurence without his morgage company knowing hes renting the house out?

It all ses really dodgy and im worried now as i want everything to be lagitimate and correct, i think hes going to make things a lot harder before things get better