PDA

View Full Version : Emergency!

Belly2009
15-02-2013, 04:35 PM
Today, exactly a year to the day of being registered i had my first emergency albeit an emergency at school with my own child who i needed to take to hospital abd cancel my after schoolies. Managed to do it all very uneventful but wondered where and how u keep hold of all emergency details per child. I use forms and it was easy but found it is quite a large document.

Looking for ideas of what to use.

Thanks

RachaelStevens
15-02-2013, 04:39 PM
I have thought about this and was gonna use wallet size cards to have with me like in purse so I have them at all times. As then I have the details to hand incase im out and not able to get information drom home

jo.jo76
15-02-2013, 04:42 PM
I have an a4 sheet with every child on and contact numbers, it came from a pack I got from Morton Michel. But to be honest I have it all in my mobile anyway!

RachaelStevens
15-02-2013, 04:44 PM
But to be honest I have it all in my mobile anyway![/QUOTE]

I always worry if I lost my phone or it crashes id lose everything so always have backup

adele1985
15-02-2013, 04:44 PM
i have all mine stored in my phone

rickysmiths
15-02-2013, 04:58 PM
I carry a mini photo album around with me when I am out. It has all the emergency contacts for each child and a photo.

In the house I have always used the NCMA Attendance register which I know some poo poo as difficult but it is a god send. In the front there are pages divided into the different age groups and it has the childs name, address, date of birth, doctor, parents and emergency contacts phone numbers. All in one place easy to get to quickly.

blue bear
15-02-2013, 05:09 PM
I typed up contact details and laminated the sheet folded over so it's a5 size, I have one in my pram, one in my rucksack and one in my car.

Mrs Dolphin
15-02-2013, 05:14 PM
All in my phone. It's the only thing I can guarantee is always on me. As I use different pushchairs, sometimes I take my own bag out sometimes just the mindee's bag, but I am never far from my phone

chezzagriff
15-02-2013, 05:28 PM
I have a small diary with them all in aswell as in my phone. I like the idea of the photo album though

Kiddleywinks
15-02-2013, 06:15 PM
I have a photo of child, and beside it I have a statement:
My name is xx xx, I am a registered childminder.
My number is (mobile number)

This child is not my own.

In case of emergency please contact:
My emergency contact
and one or more of the people listed overleaf

Overleaf I have:
In case of emergency for this child:
Contact 1 first name and number
Contact 2 first name and number
Contact 3 first name and number

I confirm I do (or do not) have written permission for emergency treatment to be given to this child.
No known allergies (or a list of any allergies)

I'm sure I adapted it from another forum member (can't remember who now, but if you recognize yourself THANK YOU lol)

If anything were to happen to me AND mindees, at least the permissions are known to be in place
I have all this on a business card size laminated that goes on a keyring and I put the children I have that day on it and take it with me

houseofelliots
15-02-2013, 07:50 PM
I have all numbers including the child's emergency contact in my phone.

sarah707
15-02-2013, 08:43 PM
I carry emergency sheets for all my children with me on all outings.

I hope you little one is ok xx

scottishlass
15-02-2013, 09:38 PM

My emergency contact

Overleaf I have:

I confirm I do (or do not) have written permission for emergency treatment to be given to this child.

I'm sure I adapted it from another forum member (can't remember who now, but if you recognize yourself THANK YOU lol)

If anything were to happen to me AND mindees, at least the permissions are known to be in place
I have all this on a business card size laminated that goes on a keyring and I put the children I have that day on it and take it with me

This is very similar to what I have x

mum24
15-02-2013, 09:54 PM

My emergency contact

Overleaf I have:

I have the same info, but never thought to laminate, and to put on a keyring is a brilliant idea. I also have a copy in my travel first aid kit which i always take when we are out and about.

MessybutHappy
15-02-2013, 10:07 PM
Mine are in my phone but I like this idea too, with my luck I'll drop the damn thing down the loo or something one day!!

Rosy Days
15-02-2013, 10:42 PM
I carry a mini photo album around with me when I am out. It has all the emergency contacts for each child and a photo.

In the house I have always used the NCMA Attendance register which I know some poo poo as difficult but it is a god send. In the front there are pages divided into the different age groups and it has the childs name, address, date of birth, doctor, parents and emergency contacts phone numbers. All in one place easy to get to quickly.

Same here. I have a mini photo album as well, works really well. I've also got the NCMA attendance register at home and all contacts in my mobile :)

hectors house
15-02-2013, 10:50 PM
Each child has their details on a credit card sized piece of paper that I keep in my bag in a credit card holder - it details their names, addresses, phone numbers, contact details, emergency contact numbers, doctor's name - I do worry what would happen if my bag was stolen but I think the risk is smaller than the problems I could face by not having immediate access to these details in case of an accident/emergency.

Belly2009
19-02-2013, 08:38 AM
Thanks for all your advice. Ill be updating everything this week as I am off. Painting decorating toy sorting looking after my own two! Work is never done!

AliceK
19-02-2013, 08:49 AM
I have laminated cards, 1 for each child including my own children, they are just a bit bigger than a pogo photo and they are kept on my keyring with my house and car keys so I can guarantee if I am out they will be with me. I do also have all details in my phone too.

xxx

mrs robbie williams
19-02-2013, 08:51 AM
I have laminated cards, 1 for each child including my own children, they are just a bit bigger than a pogo photo and they are kept on my keyring with my house and car keys so I can guarantee if I am out they will be with me. I do also have all details in my phone too.

xxx

i do the same ^^ although they are getting very worn now so need to replace them xx do you have photos on them? xx

mummyMia
19-02-2013, 11:07 AM
I have a quick to question to all of you with cards in your bag/wallet/keyring. Do you swap them around every day depending on which children you have or do you carry cards for all of your mindees every day even if they are not with you? I have made some cards and have these in my bag. My origional plan was to only carry cards for the mindees that I actually have with me on any particular outing. The problem is that I go out of the house so many times every day, what with school runs, nursery runs and various outings. I might have one child arriving before the school run and then another later on, just before playgroup, etc. So it is quite a mission to keep the correct cards with me and I have forgotten to swap them around quite a few times now. I feel it would be safer to always carry cards for all of my mindees, even when they are not with me. Is this frowned upon? Do others do this? And what if I am in an accident and the police see all these cards and start looking around for 5 children even though I only have 2 with me?

Sorry, don't mean to be hijacking this thread :)

ChocolateChip
19-02-2013, 12:58 PM
I made laminated cards similar to kiddleywinks, I carry mine in a pouch on a belt along with a small first aid kit which I find easy for when I am just nipping out on school run and really don't want or need to take a bag as it's literally round the corner. I do try to sort the cards out as to who is with me, but will often forget and just take the whole lot out with me :o
I also did one for me and my own children but with the wording adjusted accordingly,

nipper
19-02-2013, 01:45 PM

My emergency contact

Overleaf I have:

:blush:think it was me:blush: