PDA

View Full Version : Write to the small business minister / shadow

sarah707
15-02-2013, 01:08 PM
Dear xxx

Small business minister - michael.fallon.mp@parliament.uk

Shadow small business minister - toby.perkins.mp@parliament.uk

As Minister / Shadow Minister for Small Businesses, I would like to make you aware of the possible disastrous impact on the future business sustainability of thousands of childminders whose small businesses are at risk after publication of the ‘More Great Childcare’ plan, released by the Department for Education and Ms Truss MP last week.

Many childminders throughout the country are struggling to remain sustainable in these troubled economic times. Our concerns are that if the ‘More Great Childcare’ plans go ahead, we will have scenarios whereby nurseries are in control of childminders because they run local agencies... nurseries are able to increase their ratios to accommodate 4 x babies, 6 x 2 year olds and of course keep their current 1 adult to 13 for older children... thousands of new childminders are created by agencies who need the revenue from their income to remain sustainable themselves... nurseries do not pass work onto established independent childminders because they have their own ratios to fill, plus the ratios of their agency childminders.

This will have the cumulative effect of destroying the small businesses of many thousands of independent, Ofsted registered, well trained and experienced childminders, many of whom will be in your local constituency.

Childminders throughout the country have joined together in their condemnation of the Government’s ‘More Great Childcare’ plan.
We have written ‘’More Great Childcare’ - an analysis of the Government’s plan’ to share our concerns with Government and other agencies - www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/mgc

We have, along with nursery and pre-school workers and parents, signed petitions against the plan - Petitions against change to adult:child ratios attract over 50,000 signatories | Nursery World (http://www.nurseryworld.co.uk/news/1170219/Petitions-against-change-adultchild-ratios-attract-50000-signatories/).

We are lobbying MPs, Ms Truss, Ofsted and the Department for Education to try and make our voices heard - but Ms Truss does not seem to be listening to us.

We ask that you speak on our behalf to protect our small businesses before they are completely destroyed by this plan.

Thank you for your kind attention. I look forward to hearing from you.

Best regards,

Thank you Welshgirl for the contact details... good thinking! :clapping:

loocyloo
15-02-2013, 02:30 PM
have done so !!!

thank you. but am having trouble with email to toby perkins bouncing back:(

gone now!:D

AgentTink
15-02-2013, 06:05 PM
I have just sent this letter with my letter to Liz Truss attached. So lets see if they will listen.

The address for Toby Perkins is toby.perkins.mp@parliament.uk if you have any trouble with the one above

mum24
15-02-2013, 06:14 PM
Fantastic, never thought of this. Will be sending this later and copying to my friends and family to send on also.