PDA

View Full Version : Maternity pay

Kirsty90
15-02-2013, 11:20 AM
I'm due to go on maternity leave soon & I know some of my parents claim childcare tax credits & are not placing children in other childcare while I'm off. Do I need to remind them to let tax credits know? Would it affect my maternity pay as it would look like I was still being paid?

Thanks x

Kirsty90
16-02-2013, 12:47 PM
Can anyone help please? X

chezzagriff
16-02-2013, 12:52 PM
I think your best bet would be to contact inland revenue as I wouldnt have a clue. Sorry :(

Stace
16-02-2013, 12:57 PM
I'm no expert but as far as I know it is down to them to do, should not effect you if they are over claiming. When I took mat leave I left it to them - though I only took a few weeks as it worked out well with the mindees I had. Unlike my first child - different job so took a year off - was lovely.

I guess as long as you make a record of payments you have you are covered.

Sometimes randomly you may get a form to sign saying when someone has care with you from the council one of mine had this recently.

Someone else may have other ideas - good luck with the baby xxx

Zoomie
16-02-2013, 05:42 PM
I am confused by your question.

How long are you not caring for children? (ie closed for maternity leave)
Are you still being paid when you are on maternity leave?

dette
16-02-2013, 06:35 PM
its down to parents to inform ,not yourself.sometimes tax credits will contact you asking for a copy of your invoices so they can check if parent is claiming the correct amount,if they dont stop their credits then they will be over paid and you can clearly prove that you have not recieved any of it by your register and invoices.
They may be paying for someone else to care for their LO but if theyre not registered they cant claim credits towards it