PDA

View Full Version : sleep over

noreenismail
15-02-2013, 08:59 AM
Hi

One of my parents is getting married and she askes if we can have her dd who is 2 and very close to my 2 yr lo after the reception.

I would like to offer her to sleep over that night (unpaid), I wouldn't be working but doing it as a friend. My los would really like this and she is a part of the family calls me mamma and dh dadda.

Would this be allowed under ofsted.

Thanks

shortstuff
15-02-2013, 09:32 AM
You need to inform ofsted and ra as appropriate. Ive recently done this myself and its not as bad as i first feared. Hth

mama2three
15-02-2013, 09:39 AM
No.
If it isnt part of the childminding service and something you are doing , no fee , for a friend - then nothing to do with Ofsted.

dette
15-02-2013, 09:42 AM
i have a LO sleep over sometimes.i dont charge and have never informed OFSTED as its a seperate arrangement ,not paid.Why would OFSTED need to know about a sleepover ?i have made it clear to parent that i am not childminding on these evenings and he is happy with the arrangement.LO comes to sleep at our caravan,he struggles to get time off work and has no car so she doesnt get to go far.

noreenismail
15-02-2013, 11:13 AM
Thanks for the replies. I wont be charging, and thus not working that day or the next. So I guess no need to inform ofsted.

Im looking forward to it now as I know you they will really enjoy it.

chezzagriff
15-02-2013, 04:06 PM
Hope its a fun night :D its nice that as well as childminding your son has now also gained a friend from it