PDA

View Full Version : Help fee's for a new starter

MISSYL20
15-02-2013, 08:11 AM
Hi I've been asked to take on another little one. I normally charge £5 an hour or a daily fee of £35-£40 for full day. The little boy is going to get dropped off to me at 8:30am and I take him to a different school which is not a school run I do now for 8:55am and that is literally it one day a week.

I haven't agreed a price but have said I charge £5 an hour but its really not worth my whole going out of my way and rushing to get the other children to a different school for £5 a week.

What would you all charge?
I was going to say to mum that I genre rally charge £5 an hr but if its just one hr I charge £7:50/£10 to make it worth my while?

Suggestions are really needed as they are coming today for a chat

halor
15-02-2013, 08:19 AM
I've only just registered so can't help much but I probably wouldn't take the child on, sounds like an awful lot of hassle to basically be a taxi service.

RuthJ
15-02-2013, 08:24 AM
If it were me, I wouldn't do it because it's not on your normal school run, and although it's only one a week I would find it an inconvenience hard for hardly any increase to your weekly income. I wouldn't charge more than your hourly rate though as you'll only have him for 25 minutes, and I think £10 is pretty steep, but others may have a different view.

It wouldn't be worth my while to be honest.

JoRo163
15-02-2013, 09:33 AM
I wouldn't do it. Sounds like a bit of a hassle for hardly any money!

However, if you were going to do it, perhaps an enhanced rate of £7.50 as it's to a different school? Then it's up to the parents to decide what suits them. It may be more cost effective for them to use a childminder already doing runs to their school or perhaps a breakfast club.

dette
15-02-2013, 09:38 AM
i have a morning rate of £7 .this is from half 7 until school run and includes free breakfast ,but would apply even if only half an hour was required.i also have a drop off fee if its at a school other than my own.the other school is quite close so my fee is just 50p but yours may be more if its a long way.

Tazmin68
15-02-2013, 09:48 AM
I have a child just 2 mornings a week to a different school and instead of charging my usual before school fee of £5 I have charged £7.50 which takes into account fuel etc.

lynncjt
15-02-2013, 10:34 AM
My normal hourly rate is £3.50 but I have a min charge of £5 before school and that's just for a local school. I would charge more if I had to go out of my way (that's if you want to do it).

chezzagriff
15-02-2013, 02:19 PM
I charge more to cover fuel but if it was too much of an inconvenience I wouldnt bother

Koala
15-02-2013, 02:22 PM
It sounds like it's not worth the hassle and it will put too much stress on your morning if things don't go to plan, people arriving late etc... etc....

But if you were I would charge £10.00 for the 'taxi service'.

Good luck.

jillplum
15-02-2013, 02:55 PM
I would be honest with Mum and say its not really worth your while for £5 a week. Maybe £10 a week would be fine? Also tell her that if it stops you from taking on other children or makes you late for school etc then you will have to give notice. Depends if you want to do it or not really.

MISSYL20
15-02-2013, 06:46 PM
I've decided not to take him on. Told mum it will clash with my normal school run which it will as I'd only have 10 mins to get the rest of the children back in the car, drive to school, find a space and get them to class which like you said will put stress on my morning. I feel lots better knowing I'm not going to have the extra hassle. Thanks everyone for your quick response xx