PDA

View Full Version : Parents not showing up again!!!!!

Tazmin68
15-02-2013, 07:34 AM
I am so annoyed. Parents arranged to visit at 6pm last night. I sent them a reminder yesterday morning asking that they let me know should they not be able to make it with a gentle reminder that as a mum of two children myself that we changing routine ie times of dinner and homework etc to accommodate them. I even had a reply saying that if they had to cancel would contact me. Guess what no show. I wonder if there is a possibility of giving parents neg feedback on childcare.co.uk.

Daisy De
15-02-2013, 07:46 AM
So annoying, why do people do this especially as you had had a text from them saying they were coming.

We have all been there, would love to hear from parents as to why they honestly do it, its so rude.:angry:

rickysmiths
15-02-2013, 08:01 AM
I'm afraid I have to say I have found that this happens much more with parents who contact me via CC.co. The ones who use the FIS mlists seem to be more reliable. No idea why this should be but I have had a lot of time wasters from CC.co unfortunately so I never get too excited and I always make any appointments to fit in with my routine and never step out of the box with them now.

Littleglees
15-02-2013, 08:09 AM
I've had a lot of people look at my profile, with just initials and when I click on their profile is hidden, tbh I'm a little scared of this and would appreciate if childcare.co.uk would look into it, they were going to after my email and came back with , user has chosen to hide profile, not what I asked for they could be some nutter !!!!! :-(

Sare :-) x

RuthJ
15-02-2013, 08:15 AM
I am so annoyed. Parents arranged to visit at 6pm last night. I sent them a reminder yesterday morning asking that they let me know should they not be able to make it with a gentle reminder that as a mum of two children myself that we changing routine ie times of dinner and homework etc to accommodate them. I even had a reply saying that if they had to cancel would contact me. Guess what no show. I wonder if there is a possibility of giving parents neg feedback on childcare.co.uk.

So rude, especially after texting you yesterday. I would probably ring them today to say you're sorry they didn't make as you'd made arrangements to make yourself available to meet them, and was there a reason they didn't come? I would want them to feel guilty! :mad:

Tazmin68
15-02-2013, 09:45 AM
Perhaps it would be a good idea I we could leave parents a negative feedback due to no shows. And I do agree I am not happy that parents can hide their details yet view ours and bearing in mind I care for children under a cp order I do find this an issue. And I have to agree agin that it does seem more and more that it is parents from childcare.co.uk tat do not turn up. Is there anything that Richard can do about this perhaps point out that as we work from home it is annoying and frustrating when no shows happen.

angeldelight
15-02-2013, 10:01 AM
I'm afraid I have to say I have found that this happens much more with parents who contact me via CC.co. The ones who use the FIS mlists seem to be more reliable. No idea why this should be but I have had a lot of time wasters from CC.co unfortunately so I never get too excited and I always make any appointments to fit in with my routine and never step out of the box with them now.

Sorry but I think that's just daft

If parents don't want to show then they won't ,it does not matter where they are coming from / advertise with / contact you from

It's simple ... A rude parent is a rude parent !!!

Angel xx

lynncjt
15-02-2013, 10:32 AM
After minding 6 months all parents had been great until last week...

One parent phoned desperate for my spaces and could she book her children in for the next week... I said come and see me first, OK can I come tonight.. Agreed 7:00pm at 6:45 text sorry partner not home so can't make it can I come next week. Agreed and never heard another thing...

Second parent wanted my last Friday space, could she come on Thursday 7pm agreed, at 7.30 text her. Oh so sorry I've forgotten! Never heard another thing..

On the bright side by playroom and ground floor were very tidy and clean all last week!

Tazmin68
15-02-2013, 10:59 AM
I generally feel that should I have a no show and no contact from parents then how can I trust them to pay on time if they went ahead.

Koala
15-02-2013, 12:34 PM
Feel for you

Doesn't it just :censored: you off

:idea: maybe your better off without that particular parent :idea:

They are obviously Rude, Bad mannered and clueless :D