PDA

View Full Version : hand foot and mouth ..marvelous

dette
14-02-2013, 01:22 PM
My son(4) was sick friday morning then high temp ,already had one mindee here and one about to arrive ,phone dad of LO(2) here and he said his LO could stay as prob catch it anyway,mindee that hadnt arrived stayed away ,his dad was at home anyway so no big deal for them,my LO recovered by saturday afternoon ,no other symptoms,monday the mindee who was here on friday arrived ,happy and well,about ten o clock he threw up all over me and himself while i was taking his temperature as he felt a bit hot ..he stayed at home the last 2 days and i agreed to have him today (usually only here mon ,tue wed )mam said yesterday that he been complaining of sore tongue but mam thought it was his teeth as hes cutting his back teeth.as soon as got here he said his toes were sore.I looked in mouth and there are spots ,theyre all over his chin and blisters over toes and fingers..they hadnt noticed.bless him.i searched on here for guidance and found as its not something you need to exclude for and he is well in himself now appart from sore mouth,looked online as its been a while since any of mine have had it(had 2 bouts over the years ,one when all the cows and sheep had foot and mouth so kids thought they were gonna get burned in a pit)i hadnt realised there was 2 linds of H F & M ..one giving sickness aswell !! i know my other kids never got sick last time so ...i think i'll stock up on calpol :(.

I've got sore patch in my mouth so looks like its me next

TNT
14-02-2013, 01:33 PM
You have my sympathy. I caught it from my son 4 years ago. It is vile and made me feel really poorly, my son didnt eat for 2 weeks:(
Hope you all recover quickly

supermumy
14-02-2013, 02:02 PM
My younger kids have had it it is horrid so sore for them and last a good week to 2 xx

mrs robbie williams
07-03-2013, 07:37 AM
how long do you refuse care for for this? it sounds similar to mindee i sent home yesterday :panic:

AgentTink
07-03-2013, 07:50 AM
I'm sure there is no exclusion. However it would depend in how poorly the little one with it was. I had 3 little ones with it once, blisters on hands and feet and one or two in mouth, however they were all well and fine so no exclusion needed. But from reading about it on internet it can be painful in the mouth so a child like this could be really upset hence if they couldn't take part in my normal day they would not be able to attend. If they were being sick then my 48 hour rule would apply

supermumy
07-03-2013, 10:59 AM
Think it I 5days once confirmed my kids school said no as it is contagious but to be honest it horrid and painful and kids should be at home

vikiwizz
07-03-2013, 11:06 AM
My daughter had this when she was 22 months old, it was mainly her mouth that was bad :(

tigwig
07-03-2013, 12:36 PM
I would always exclude for this no matter what the HPA guidelines say. My son was unfortunate enough to catch it when he was a young toddler. He was absolutely dreadful with it, high temp, blisters all in mouth etc really bad and literally screamed and cried for the whole 24hr period all through the night too. Took him over a week to recover. I've never seen him so ill and of course he passed it on to 3 of the mindees who were all extremely ill too, one had 2 weeks off with it.