PDA

View Full Version : What a compliment!

Becci26
14-02-2013, 01:11 PM
Just wanted to share -

This morning I went to pick up mindee as mum is unable to drive at the mo and nan (who has been doing drop off and pick up) is on holiday.
As I haven't seen mum for a few weeks I stopped for a catch up,
mindee seemed a little confused as to what I was doing in his house bless him and mum said 'oh J is it because your 2 mums are in the same room?'!!!! Then she went on to say that's what she calls me - his 2nd mum!

I was very touched to say the least, makes it all worthwhile :-)

littlelollies
14-02-2013, 01:48 PM
Thats nice.... It must make mom happy to know he is happy with you

lynncjt
14-02-2013, 02:26 PM
How lovely!

caz3007
14-02-2013, 03:00 PM
Awww that is lovely.

My full timers mum got a call from the school nursery about LO starting after Easter and mum told them to ring me as I am her daytime weekday mummy.

jo.jo76
14-02-2013, 03:41 PM
It's lovely isn't it, I have a family like that too

Daisy De
14-02-2013, 03:43 PM
I don't look after her now as she is 15, but I have a girl who calls me Auntie and regularly visits because she genuinely wants to see me. She was with me from a baby till 12 and I do believe she sees me as an Auntie and part of the family not just her childminder. Its lovely.

mummyMia
14-02-2013, 04:09 PM
That is so sweet :)

RuthJ
14-02-2013, 04:10 PM
How lovely!

cherry
14-02-2013, 04:41 PM
That's lovely :)

migimoo
14-02-2013, 05:00 PM
I don't look after her now as she is 15, but I have a girl who calls me Auntie and regularly visits because she genuinely wants to see me. She was with me from a baby till 12 and I do believe she sees me as an Auntie and part of the family not just her childminder. Its lovely.

I care for 3 children from a muslim family and they've always called me Auntie X off their own backs....when I commented on it to dad he said that this is how they address a woman that they care for and respect in their culture-I was touched and very proud!:blush:

chezzagriff
14-02-2013, 06:49 PM
Thats really nice I hope I get some families like that

dette
14-02-2013, 07:09 PM
the mammy of my very first mindee who i got at 8 month old 13 yr ago and her little sister that i got at 4 month who is now 8 , always refered to me as mummy2 to her girls,i moved away from them 5 yr ago and missed them terrribly but i still see them loads ,infact they were her to stay last weekend,my children love them and we count them as family.Their mam had breast cancer last year and has made me promise that if anything happens to her that i will take the girls because she knows how much they love me and how much we love them.makes me cry just thinking about it.Sometimes we make such strong bonds with these children it stays for life and i feel so lucky to be part of their lives.
Lucky you to have such a lovely family xxx

kellib
14-02-2013, 08:14 PM

I went to a childminder from 9 months to around 14, she's always been Auntie A to me and always will be. Over the years she's looked after my 4 younger cousins too and now I visit her with my mindees! She's so much part of our family now that she comes to birthdays etc too :)

lubeam
14-02-2013, 09:07 PM
awe how lovely i have a tear in my eye! wonderful ! :o

cathtee
14-02-2013, 09:27 PM
I have 12 1/2 yr old that at a 5 months old mom asked me to be godmother to, which I was honoured to be and also in his parents will
that I would have legal parental responsibilty for him if anything happened to both of them and he would come and live with me this is very
touching and I love him and his older sister (18 and had her from 10 weeks) dearly, she in fact is going to be my dd's bridesmaid in july
it is so lovely that we become so much in each others lives.:)

Tinkerbell1979
14-02-2013, 10:38 PM
I'm 'Auntie' :-D