PDA

View Full Version : childminding agencies

ange1ine
14-02-2013, 12:33 PM
Anyone got any information on how these would be run and pros and cons for joining?

FussyElmo
14-02-2013, 12:42 PM
Dont think anyone really knows yet :rolleyes:

If you have a look in the campaigns and petitions sections there is loads of information in there :thumbsup:

ange1ine
14-02-2013, 12:51 PM
Thanks will go look :-)

Kiddleywinks
14-02-2013, 01:10 PM
Sadly not. Even the minister proposing agencies doesn't appear to actually know how they're going to work either - her responses are very contradictory, or none existent depending on the question :angry::panic:

Footprints
14-02-2013, 01:46 PM
A article on nursery world said some agencies my wish to employ childminders god knows how that will work!

willow2806
14-02-2013, 04:05 PM
In a recent web chat on mumsnet Liz truss said "we'll be saying more about how agencies will work soon". I haven't heard anymore on the subject but have a feeling that it will be different throughout the country as she also said that 'networks of childminders, nurseries and schools have all expressed interests in running agencies". My guess is that it hasn't been thought out thoroughly yet because they haven't got a clue! I spent all last week worrying about the 'proposed' changes.

sarah707
14-02-2013, 06:26 PM
There are many more questions than answers - as noted in this analysis of the plan which has been sent to Ms Truss...

http://www.childmindinghelp.co.uk/mgc

I am looking forward to receiving her detailed reply :D

Kiddleywinks
14-02-2013, 06:29 PM

:laughing::laughing::laughing: REALLY???!
Me thinks you'll (we'll) be waiting a rather long time for that Sarah, the words hell and freezing spring to mind :D:thumbsup:

Mouse
14-02-2013, 06:32 PM
There are many more questions than answers - as noted in this analysis of the plan which has been sent to Ms Truss...

I hope you're not holding your breath waiting for that reply Sarah :eek:

Bananabrain
14-02-2013, 06:49 PM

I took part in the 'live web chat'
Ms Truss answered my question [one of many questions I posed]
My question was 'how will these agencies be funded?'
Her answer?...........................'The agencies will be funded from various sources?????????'
Thanks, that's cleared that up!!!!!!!
Sarah I have just read what you have sent to Ms Truss and I wanted to say:

YOU ARE AWESOME!!!!!!

ange1ine
17-02-2013, 11:24 AM
Haha! Yet again people interfering in things that they haven't researched properly, in my experience the only people who really understand Childminding is Childminders, why not ask us if we want Agencies or if they'll work , lets all hope for a favourable outcome to all this!