PDA

View Full Version : What would you charge?

sprinkles
13-02-2013, 11:17 PM
I had an enquiry asking how much I charge, no info on how many children or hours etc. All I know is she has two children but don't know if she is looking for childcare for them both.

Do you offer sibling discount? I'm thinking of going back to her and saying that my usual rate is £3.50ph but depending on hours etc I may be able to offer a sibling discount. I would only be offering it if it was for both children full time though.

chezzagriff
13-02-2013, 11:38 PM
I offer 10% sibling discount

mama2three
13-02-2013, 11:44 PM
I would email her back and say that as you offer a 'bespoke' service tailormade to fit the specific children and families prices will depend on individual requirements. Offer to meet and discuss her requirements and how your service can meet them.

And I dont offer any sibling discounts - they dont get less than 100% care so dont pay less either!

lynncjt
14-02-2013, 08:09 AM
I don't offer sibling discounts as it's quite busy round here and I don't save any money by having 2 from the same family!

QualityCare
14-02-2013, 10:00 AM
l don't mention discounts unless parents do and then I charge slightly more for the second child and usual rate for the first child that way parent thinks they have a discount and l get my going rate, also if you do give a discount give it on the oldest child as they reduce hours or leave before the youngest.