PDA

View Full Version : Anyone have a milk feed preparation policy?

lisbet
13-02-2013, 11:42 AM
I'm just thinking that it might be a good idea to give parents an outline of current guidelines for preparing/ transporting expressed breast milk/ formula and get them to sign to say they will provide correctly handled milk feeds?

I don't want to come across as teaching a grandmother to suck eggs, but then on the other hand I do remember working with someone who used to store night time bottles in the airing cupboard to keep warm. :panic: I wouldn't want a baby to get sick and I wouldn't want to be held accountable for it either.

Advice would be fab :thumbsup:

marie55
13-02-2013, 01:53 PM
Hi Lisbet

I print off or email parents a copy of the Government guidelines.

http://www.food.gov.uk/multimedia/pdfs/formulaguidance.pdf

I have a back to back laminated sheet showing step by step milk feed preparation on one side and nappy changing procedure on reverse which I show and copy for parents also :)

chezzagriff
13-02-2013, 03:54 PM
I have included milk feeds in my food and drink policy and just wrote what is expected of the parents and exactly what I will be doing about storage etc. and highlighted the fact that it was government guidlines and that this stops harmful bacteria which could cause a child to become seriously ill.