PDA

View Full Version : Technology Resources

lorettacritchet
13-02-2013, 10:02 AM
Hi,

I am looking at my resources and seeing where I need to improve. I have read recently here that someone was marked down for not having enough technology for the kids. At the moment I have no money or space to buy a computer - so the umbrella of technology would be classed as what kind of toys? I know it seems silly to ask but I am questioning everything at the moment - I have loads of activity centres, sound making toys, pressing buttons type things, a tomy paint pot and tools which make noises etc - is this the kind of thing they might be after?

thanks

christine e
13-02-2013, 10:12 AM
Technology is all around us - can the children operate the remote control of the TV - can they switch batter operated toys on and off? If you would like them to use a computer how about taking them along to your local library? We sometimes do this so that they can all use a computer at the same time.

Cx

chockywockydoda
13-02-2013, 10:16 AM
I agree that it is all around us! I have used the microwave during some cooking activities where children were involved in pressing the buttons to make it work. I also have a camera for children, remote control car, a leapad reading pen (sorry cant remember what it is called!). Younger children might show interest in turning the light on and off which I would possibly also include as an interest in ICT.

Tunja
13-02-2013, 10:59 AM
Hi,
I have read recently here that someone was marked down for not having enough technology for the kids. At the moment I have no money or space to buy a computer -

Technology is all around you even if you don't think you have enough electronic toys at home it is also out and about.
Think phone, mobile phone, TV, remote control for TV HI FI, lights, oven, microwave, electronic scales, mixer, washing machine, dishwasher, electronic doors and windows in the car, pelican crossings, lifts, automatic doors in shops, bar code scanners, tills, parking meters etc.

Tunja

mum24
13-02-2013, 03:38 PM
Technology is all around you even if you don't think you have enough electronic toys at home it is also out and about.
Think phone, mobile phone, TV, remote control for TV HI FI, lights, oven, microwave, electronic scales, mixer, washing machine, dishwasher, electronic doors and windows in the car, pelican crossings, lifts, automatic doors in shops, bar code scanners, tills, parking meters etc.

Tunja

You forgot ringing the door bell:laughing::laughing:
Good reply though, made me think about how much i use with the children without even realising:clapping:

chezzagriff
13-02-2013, 04:09 PM
Glad I read this thread, I also dont have a computer for the children but plenty of elctronic toys, never even thought about half of the things mentioned here!