PDA

View Full Version : Emailing daily diaries

greanan
13-02-2013, 08:33 AM
One parent has asked if I could email her Los diary each night as she always forgets to bring it. Does any one else do this? I'm hoping to do it through my iPhone so just wondering if there's any template type things available?

hectors house
13-02-2013, 09:35 AM
I just made my own form that says Morning Activities, Morning Outings, snacks, lunch, Afternoon activities, Afternoon outings, tea, sleep and nappies - I add to it during the day on the computer and e-mail at night as I find that often one parent brings and different one or grandparent collects - so if I do just a verbal handover the messages don't always get passed on. I then don't have to worry about diaries being lost - I have started to do this for observations as well, so I don't have to worry about them being lost after reading a post on here where a dad had run over childs bag with LJ in and thrown it in the bin!

sharonmanc
13-02-2013, 09:41 AM
I emailed before I started using baby days now the parents log on to view all info, works really well and nothing getting lost

greanan
13-02-2013, 01:15 PM
How does baby days work? Can anyone log in??

oxfordshirecm
13-02-2013, 02:23 PM
I use baby days- each parent has their own loggin so can see their child and only their child. You can choose the settings as the administration to decide how much or what a parent views.

shortstuff
13-02-2013, 05:10 PM
I also use babys days its brill the parents can log in at a time to suit them. All of the relevant info can be viewed on there from daily diaries, medical info right through to invoicing. Saves me paper and ink n is better for the environment too hth

greanan
13-02-2013, 07:48 PM
I also use babys days its brill the parents can log in at a time to suit them. All of the relevant info can be viewed on there from daily diaries, medical info right through to invoicing. Saves me paper and ink n is better for the environment too hth

This sounds fab and just what I'm after. Just tried to search for it in the app store and can't find it. Is it just called baby days?

melco
13-02-2013, 08:05 PM
This sounds fab and just what I'm after. Just tried to search for it in the app store and can't find it. Is it just called baby days?

Its babys days and I use it and have found that my life is so much easier because of it.

vikiwizz
13-02-2013, 08:21 PM
I e been looking at the baby days web site, it looks really good. It is easy to use? Are OFSTD happy with it?

shortstuff
13-02-2013, 09:19 PM
There isnt an app yet but ive put a bookmark on my screen so its always available. Ive heard from a reliable source that some people that use it have achieved outstanding grades hth

vikiwizz
13-02-2013, 09:21 PM
That's really interesting, thank you.

I'm not actually CM yet so I might look into this and start using from the start :)

shortstuff
13-02-2013, 09:54 PM
I only started in november. Its a great system and brilliantly easy to use. There is a months trial i believe so give it a shot, good luck with starting. Its the best job ive ever had n ive been out of school for more than twenty years.

vikiwizz
13-02-2013, 10:01 PM
I think when I get closer to starting ( I'm 7 months pregnant at the moment) I will give the trail a go, it seems like a good system and if I start using it from the off then its even better :)

shortstuff
13-02-2013, 10:11 PM
It is, i cant praise it enough. Ive even got the link to it through my website for the parents lil

shortstuff
13-02-2013, 10:11 PM
Should have been lol oops

Tazmin68
13-02-2013, 10:57 PM
Sounds an interesting system but at 100 a year and would only use it for 1-2 children who in ey bracket and the fact that I have short term contracts through council for example parents with learning difficulties and children under a cp plan I would still have to do paper based for these children. I think would be a waste of money.

shortstuff
13-02-2013, 11:14 PM
I understand fully where you are coming from Tazmin. It is a very personal decision and not everything suits everyone.

lubeam
14-02-2013, 10:55 AM
Sounds good , will investigate :) thanks

lyla's mum
14-02-2013, 02:25 PM
I'm another babys days user, although i'm yet to make it go 'live' to my families. have spent the last few weeks setting it up and getting used to it, my families are really excited to try it out and so far i love it!