PDA

View Full Version : oh my goodness! i forgot! tax credit help

leeanne910
12-02-2013, 09:09 PM
I claim child tax credits

Ok....been workin bout a month and just sat here and thought oh.... <enter word of choice here>....... I forgot to phone tax credits to tell.them i now work. Even though i did phone before hand and had a shirty woman who.was like bla bla wait till you are earning...so...i forgot...god knows how as i am usualy on the ball and quite ocd like with finances and banking etc...well...apart from my panicing thinking omg im gonna be in trouble....i wondered what they will ask for when i phone as i have only ever been employed. Will they ask families i have. My ey number.... Just want to be prepared to call

Feel such a derrrderrrr

Zoomie
12-02-2013, 09:53 PM
Just ring them up. they will probably want date you started self employment, the fact that you are self employed, how many hours a week you work (on average) and your estimated profit (income less expenses) till the end of the tax year (abt 6 April 2013).

scottishlass
12-02-2013, 11:42 PM
Hey they will be fine with the month - you were just waiting to see what your average wage would work out to be! Will want any employed pay in this tax year and would u expect to earn before April xx

chezzagriff
12-02-2013, 11:47 PM
I also neef to ring as self emplyed from yesterday. I am not earning at the mo as have no children so should I wait?
Also you will be fine. Im sure you can change details upto 3 months