PDA

View Full Version : Not been around for a few days but another question

mrsb
26-06-2008, 09:44 PM
sorry, straight back with a question:blush:

When do you start letting a child go to the toilet and sort themselves out?. I'm just thinking that if you were having an inspection and you looked after 2 children, when would you feel happy to let one of the children go to the loo on their own and if you weren't happy for one child to go on their own would you then take the other child in there with you?:o

hope some of that makes sense lol

Trouble
26-06-2008, 09:45 PM
i think i would take them both at the same time

sarah707
27-06-2008, 06:18 AM
You don't leave children on their own with an inspector ...

So yes if you take one to the loo, the other would have to come as well :D

angeldelight
27-06-2008, 06:47 AM
You could even take the inspector with you ! ............ Joke !

Angel xx

Blackhorse
27-06-2008, 10:23 AM
angel, this really made me laugh..

hope you wouldn't have to wipe the inspectors b** too??

:clapping: :clapping:

mrsb
29-06-2008, 07:09 PM
Thanks girls :)

So what age would you let the child go to the bathroom themselves? My toilet is downstairs and the 3 year olds I look after go by themselves and wash their hands - I always remind them to do it and check when they come out etc

The thing is, do you think that is old enough?. One of the girls I have is funny about you going in with her. What would an inspectors view be do you think?

miss mopple
29-06-2008, 07:37 PM
I think if you have a child who is capable of going alone at a young age then thats fine, as long as you remind to wash hands etc and are close by if they need help.

My toilet is upstairs but mindees go alone, and I stand at the bottom of the stairs so I can see the loo as well as the kids that are still in the lounge.

I wouldn't take kids to the loo together because then there is a privacy issue IMO.

FizzysFriends
29-06-2008, 07:48 PM
If they are able to go by themselves then I can't see why you shouldn't let them