PDA

View Full Version : Hygeine inspection

Smileyface
12-02-2013, 01:24 PM
I have a food hygiene inspection can anyone help?
What actually happens?
Do they ask questions?
What will they check?
I'm really nervous
Kirsty

mumphie
12-02-2013, 01:30 PM
I had one last week. It was fine. The man I had didn't even look in my fridge. He just asked about basic food hygine and gave me a folder safer food better business.

You will be ok.

samd35
12-02-2013, 02:02 PM
Hi

I had mine last week. The inspector had a four page form to complete. She asked me if I prepared foods and if so were they were from scratch, fresh food. She wanted to see my kitchen, where I kept my cleaning products (she wanted to see what I used) and wanted to see my toilet. My fridge/freezer has a digital temperature display so she could see that it was at the right temperature. She didn't look inside the fridge or oven. She looked at the antibacterial spray and wanted me to be sure that I knew that once i had cleaned my sides that I leave it to airdry before using the surfaces. I have never looked on the back of the bottle to read the instructions, but always leave it to dry before using surfaces anyway
She was very pleased that I had the Safer food , better business for childminders folder and that I updated it regulary. To be honest I have just signed it every 3 months to say there have been no changes. And if there are changes , the ones you can record in there, are for example when a new child starts, a baby or a child who has special dietary requirements etc.
She was with me for about 25 mins.

Sam x

jellyelly
12-02-2013, 02:16 PM
Sorry to jump in on this thread but I just wanted to ask, do you only have an inspection if you make the children's food? I was told when I started a year ago that I wouldn't need one as the parents provide the children lunch and tea, has this changed?

AliceK
12-02-2013, 02:19 PM
Sorry to jump in on this thread but I just wanted to ask, do you only have an inspection if you make the children's food? I was told when I started a year ago that I wouldn't need one as the parents provide the children lunch and tea, has this changed?

Different areas have different criterias but here it doesn't matter whether we make food or not as we would still be storing food so we always have an inspection.

xx

jackie 7
12-02-2013, 02:31 PM
Yes it depend on your area. In Brent she checked my tins and food to see if in date. Also if water was hot in bathroom. I had a kitchen roll in bathroom for hands. Also asked about nappy disposal. Good excuse to check kitchen compleatly.