PDA

View Full Version : Please help

Smileyface
12-02-2013, 10:07 AM
I have a parent who absolute takes the **** out of me...
I have her son twice a week contract states 9.30 - 5.30 she arrives 9.10 most days or 9.20 shes always late picking him up and once was over an hour late with no sorry from her it even extra pay.
This morning she asked if I could pick her son up no please no thank you but I did I dragged three children out in the cold walked for 5 mins she made us wait outside for 5 then came out and walked with me back past my house as she was going to the post office.
I've had enough now I've never actually said anything maybe I should have but this is my first job so I've learnt a big lesson i would just like to end the contract with her.
Please any advice

jackie 7
12-02-2013, 10:22 AM
Did you charge her for coming early and late? Extra for unfrequented overtime also some people will charge for an hour even if 10 minutes. Do you have a policy for early and late collections? Collect from her house. Oh yes but remember I charge xxx for collection. She will get the hint.

migimoo
12-02-2013, 10:28 AM
I'm afraid we've all learnt this the hard way...give an inch and they'll take a mile.

I hate any sort of confrontation but rather than give notice could you do what I do and add the extra minutes/hours on her next invoice and put on there for example
'+ time outside contracted hours.....2.5 hours-£10'
When she queries it as she is bound to smile sweetly and whip out your registers to show her.

Daisy De
12-02-2013, 10:35 AM
I'm not being nasty but people only treat us the way we let them treat us.

We have all made mistakes, especially with contracts early on in our childminding careers so you are not alone but she will only continue to treat you like this as long as you allow it.

As Jackie 7 said you need to remind her of contract times, ask her if they need amending as she seems to be coming early and picking up late otherwise you will have to start charging extra and certainly extra for picking up the lo.

If you just want to be rid of them give them a month's notice or whatever is written in your contract you don't have to give a reason at all but if you feel you must just say your personal circumstances have changed and you are no longer able to care for her son.

Good luck, its tough but look at it as an important lesson learnt. :thumbsup:

Smileyface
12-02-2013, 10:52 AM
The thing is I wouldn't never treat anyone the way she treats me my children once went to a childminder.
It's just a lesson learnt :)
Thank you for all for your advice.
It's really started to get me down and I'd rather just let them go... ;(.