PDA

View Full Version : If you only had 10 boxes??

harleyrider
12-02-2013, 12:24 AM
I'm reorganising and trying fewer available CP for the los to access. I'll be keeping 10 boxes out and rotatating contents (perhaps 8-10 weekly).
What would you have as 'must haves'. Books are already accounted for.
Thanks

mama2three
12-02-2013, 12:31 AM
I have an 8 space expedit unit in the lounge , so 8 boxes , rotated.
This week there is

Food /play kitchen utensils
cars
wooden train
duplo
puzzles
tools / construction
threading
dolls & accesories

littlelollies
12-02-2013, 06:55 AM
This is a great idea have been wanting to clean up my toy box and sort things into groups for a while now I have just bought some units just getting sound to doing it lol

Must in onto my to do list this week

vikkit
12-02-2013, 09:25 AM
You guys must have loads of toys!!

RuthJ
12-02-2013, 09:36 AM
1. Duplo
2. Sticklebricks
3. Pretend food, pots, pans, tea set
4. Brio Train set
5. Cars and garage
6. Jigsaw puzzles and card games
7. Wooden building blocks
8. Dolls, pram, clothes, accessories
9. Happyland

supermumy
12-02-2013, 10:10 AM
I have
1. Baby dolls clothes bottles eyc
2. Puzzles cards
3. Cars
4. Animals farm
5. Building blocks duplo
6. Food pots and pans
7. Music toys
8. Small world figures people etc

jashol
12-02-2013, 10:27 AM
I have .. 1 recycle junk ..2 crafts...3 natural play 4.. Small world 5 .. Books ..6 baby toys 7.. Musical box 8.. Kitchen food pans ect 9 .. Balls ( for ball pit tent ..10 dressing up box ..11 farm set ..12 cars and trucks and tracks ...13 bricks..14 puzzles now thinking I should drop to 8 be much easy but my boxes are in shelfs from ikea out the way I also have in different place play doh , Hama beads , leap pads , camera , so on as I've no room

Angela234
12-02-2013, 12:31 PM
I have a playroom so a lot is available but if i had to choice which I would choice somethink in areas like constrution/animals/mark making/role play/small world/creative.

1 BOX EITHER; MEGA BLOCKS, DUPLO, STICKLE BRICKS.WOODEN BLOCKS
2 EITHER; WILD ANIMAL, SEALIFE, FARM ANIMALS, DINOSAURS, MINI BEASTS.
3 EITHER;HAPPYLAND, LITTLE PEOPLE, PLAYMOBIL
4 TRAIN/ TRACK /GARAGE CARS,OR BOB TOYS/ POSTMAN PAT/THOMAS.
5 TEA SET/ DOLLS, CLOTHES
6 PUZZLES
7 CRAYONS/PAPER/BOOKS, CHALKS,CARD, aQUA SHEETS
8 PEGS AND BOARDS/ THREADING BEADS.ECT
9 SHAPE/ STACKING TOYS
10 MUSICIAL INSTRUMENTS

lynncjt
12-02-2013, 05:57 PM
Interesting responses as I really want to reduce down the about of stuff I have available on a daily basis as I think it's actually confusing the kids!

oxfordshirecm
12-02-2013, 06:37 PM
Interesting responses as I really want to reduce down the about of stuff I have available on a daily basis as I think it's actually confusing the kids!

I find that with my toys in the playroom, if I leave them to choose on their own everything is brought out but nothing played with. Now I will select two boxes for them following their interests and they get to choose between those two. Everyone seems happy with this ( and less mess and broken toys) :clapping:

lynncjt
13-02-2013, 08:26 AM
I'm going to print this thread! Thanks!

Toothfairy
13-02-2013, 12:15 PM
1. Box of nibbles & chocolate
2. Box of wine
3. Box set of George Clooney in ER
4..............oh sorry, did you mean the children? :blush::D

1. Craft items
2. Cars/trains & happy land
3. Junk/scrap box
4. Den making box
5. Sensory/treasure box
6. Open ended dressing up items ie: hats, bags, material, etc
7. Books
8. Threading/weaving items
9. Building bricks/Lego/mega blocks
10. Garden toys ie: bats, balls, bean bags, chalks, bubbles etc

Schnakes
13-02-2013, 09:23 PM
Toothfairy -I think I prefer the way your original list was going!! ;)

I found this thread quite interesting because my staple toys are all on this list and and I have more - yet when Ive had my council inspections (we have them yearly in this borough - is that the same for others?) they always say I dont have enough toys....Im like....what the ****** else should I have? Like - seriously! so I think I will also print out this list and show it to them next time they come and say "WHAT MORE DO YOU WANT???"

X

Schnakes
13-02-2013, 09:23 PM
Oooh - dint realise that was a swear!! :blush:

phoenix2010
19-02-2013, 10:29 AM
I have just reorganised what resources I have

1. dolls and accessories
2. happyland
3. dressing up
4. craft
5. treasure basket
6. musical instruments
7. IT
8. Books
9. Kitchen accessories
10. Threading and lacing

Smaller boxes for
1. maths
2. literacy
3. playdough tools
4. animals
5. cars

I find Im so much more organised now and wont buy anything new unless it fits into one of these boxes

Dilly Daydream
19-02-2013, 11:20 AM
Just wanted to say thanks for this thread. I sorted my toy area over the weekend as I had a bargain buy in the charity shop Saturday morning and realised I needed to make room for the new toys.

So now it goes like this
Box 1 train set and cars
Box 2 picnic set, toy food
Box 3 large lego
Box 4 small world people and bits
Large wooden toy box learning toys such as puzzles games flashcards
Stack of drawer in spare room holds all craft stuff plus some of my daughters toys that she likes to share with minded kids.

My living room looks far less cluttered and its lovely. The only toys out are the small world buildings which are neatly stacked on top of wooden toy box which I don't mind as I think they look cute.

Thanks for the inspiration x

Ps also meant to say I had a good clear out of the stuff that is never played with and took them to the charity shop too so did a good deed :-)

emarshall82
19-02-2013, 11:40 AM
I have 6 black boxes in the lounge. Dress up. Puzzles. Dolls. Ponys. Little people. Kitchen stuff and musical instruments. In my baby bedroom i have 8 see thru boxes with baby toys i rotate.

My art and craft items are locked away as i dont want unsupervised access to paint and pens around my house.