PDA

View Full Version : Dispatches

jackie 7
11-02-2013, 09:07 PM
How come we are treated so differently from nurseries? If there is a complaint against it stays on our record god 5 years even if unfounded. A nursery just has to change name or owner, from husband to wife and the complaint goes away with old name. Even if a child has died.

vickie-marieo
11-02-2013, 09:14 PM
was that on tonight? I read the article in nursery world but didn't catch when on t.v??

lubeam
11-02-2013, 09:24 PM
Was on at 8 on channel 4 sorry you missed it youll have to 4OD it :)

jadavi
11-02-2013, 09:34 PM
So terribly sad.
God - Ofsted had a bad press during that! Their representative was TERRIBLE

Helen79
11-02-2013, 10:07 PM
It is possible for childminders to do this too. I have comments on my ofsted report that I have complained about and am not happy being on there. It's not complaints or anything bad but the way it's worded makes it sounds as though children are at risk in my care.
This sounds so bad but at one point I actually considered de-registering and re-registering again so that I could have a clean ofsted report that was more truthful. I spoke to ofsted and they said it was fine to do that as long as I re-did the course before re-registering.
I didn't do it as it felt so wrong to do that, even though I had done nothing wrong.

These individual nurseries were at fault but it highlights that ofsted care more about the paperwork side than the actual care when doing inspections. What's the point of ofsted reports if it's so easy to get rid of bad information about your nursery or setting.

Zoomie
11-02-2013, 10:11 PM
I sky+'d it and have just watched it.

So terribly sad for the families involved.

A childminder could never change their name and carry on trading. Really hope that Ofsted find a way to close the loop hole and think that owners or managers (at the very least, as they are people, not company names) should be associated with their nurseries.