PDA

View Full Version : Milk allowances

vikkit
11-02-2013, 06:35 PM
Can all you lovely people tell me where's best to apply for free milk from?

Tazmin68
11-02-2013, 06:43 PM
I just get it myself and claim through nmru it is so easy.

Jenna
11-02-2013, 07:27 PM
I've just signed up with cool milk week 3 and all good easy to sign up and even when I needed to change order got through on phone no problem

Koala
11-02-2013, 07:38 PM
I purchase the milk myself and claim on line with NMRU, always quick and easy and they pay direct into my bank account.

Remember you can claim for formula milk as well.

Cottonsocks
11-02-2013, 07:48 PM
Same here, through nmru. For me it's easier than ringing up to change the amounts etc. I've always done it through them & have never had any problem.

hectors house
11-02-2013, 08:47 PM
I am on week 4 with cool milk after changing from Scotts!! (say no more)!!

Cool milk seem good so far, I went with them after asking my local dairy who I have my own personal milk from, if they were linked to a Nursery milk scheme - they said Cool milk. Cool milk send an e-mail every Friday or Saturday asking me to confirm how much milk I have received for the week - easy.

vikkit
11-02-2013, 11:04 PM
Thanks guys, I'm going to look into both in the next couple of days. Do you know off the top
of your heads the amount of milk you can claim and formula?

Cottonsocks
11-02-2013, 11:25 PM
Third of a pint per child under school age per day.

chezzagriff
11-02-2013, 11:31 PM
Im confused whats all this about? Can you get free milk for your minded children? I was intending on buying it and just put it as part of my tax deductions.

littlelollies
12-02-2013, 06:59 AM
I use cool milk its easy as pie to join and just confirm what you receive weekly.... Orders easily amended if you need to also

vikkit
12-02-2013, 09:21 AM
Yes chezza, you can claim the money back for a 1/3 pint of milk per day per child and obvs just been told I can claim formula too which is a touch as I have a 5 month old baby here every day x

sali
17-02-2013, 10:55 PM
do u purchase your own milk or have it delivered by a milkman to get this?

samb
17-02-2013, 11:29 PM
I used to use Cool milk and it was working well for me being delivered by the milkman but then the milkman changed the days and so I would get 2 pints on a Tuesday and 3 pints on a Thursday. As I work Mon-Thurs it just wasn't convenient to have 3 pints of milk sitting around in my fridge from Thurs-Mon when I was working again. I ended up cancelling it. Having read this thread I am going to sign up with NMRU.Does anyone know if we are allowed to buy organic milk? I have read the website and it says something about sourcing the cheapest- I have a new girl starting with me and Mum has said she gives her organic milk. I would be buying full cream purely for her so don't mind buying organic just for her - but can I claim it back or is it not classed as being cheap enough?