PDA

View Full Version : Sick parent

JoRo163
11-02-2013, 04:44 PM
Another question!

I have a parent ask me this question and I didn't know the correct answer!

So I am closed until weds due to me and now my daughter having a sickness bug. When I rang a parent to let them know, she asked the hypothetical question, if she was sick but her son was fine, could she bring him in, even though she would be coming into the house?

Does anyone know the right answer? I'm thinking I couldn't really turn him away as he is well, but mum does have a valid point!

chezzagriff
11-02-2013, 04:50 PM
I would say yes he could come but if its an infectious illness you would prefer someone else to bring him if possible. At the end of the day though she would only be coming in for a few seconds whilst she dropped her son off so its not like she would be spreading germs all over the house. Although the son could be incubating the illness so any signs throughout the day that he is becoming ill I would send him straight home.

JoRo163
11-02-2013, 04:53 PM
I would say yes he could come but if its an infectious illness you would prefer someone else to bring him if possible. At the end of the day though she would only be coming in for a few seconds whilst she dropped her son off so its not like she would be spreading germs all over the house. Although the son could be incubating the illness so any signs throughout the day that he is becoming ill I would send him straight home.

That's what I was thinking too.

chezzagriff
11-02-2013, 04:57 PM
Great minds think alike ha ha

merry
11-02-2013, 07:06 PM
Yes the child can come, parent can handover at the door as most of mine do anyway. Obviously you hope they'd be considerate enough to think about the effect it might have on you/your family/other children, but it's been rare here and I've even had parents call and ask me to collect their child from home because parents are both too ill to bring them to mine. Some are too ill to look after them and have no one else, some know they have to pay anyway so the child will be here regardless. I try not to judge (not always successfully:laughing:) but if I know there's infectious illness in their home I'll be hyper-vigilant to the slightest sign of it in the child and send them home as soon as I see it.

:)