PDA

View Full Version : How long after my course do i need to start childminding???

Jen84
11-02-2013, 01:02 PM
Hi everyone,

I am expecting my second baby in september 2013. I am hoping to complete my childminding training in July 2013 BUT I dont want to actually start childminding until July 2014 so that would be a year between finishing my course and actually starting.....

Does anyone know whether this will be a problem?

Thanks!

chezzagriff
11-02-2013, 05:25 PM
I finished my course in April last year and only started minding today as I had my 2nd child in May so also wanted to delay it. I was told that if I apply to Ofsted 6 months after the course and just dilly dally a little then it would take some time so would work out the way I planned. I applied in October in which Ofsted then sent out reference requests which they got in November. I paid the fee in December and did my health declaration and CRB the first week of January. I only got inspected 2 weeks ago and you cant start minding until you receive your certificate which I recieved on Friday. I was quite lucky actually as my maternity ended on Friday from my other job so today is the exact day I wanted to start and with my certificate coming on Friday it worked out as planned :D hope that helps. They cant tell you no as you have started the registration process. My doctor actually told me he could take upto a month to complete my health declaration so some of it might delay your application anyway.

littlecheeks
11-02-2013, 05:50 PM
Hi everyone,

I am expecting my second baby in september 2013. I am hoping to complete my childminding training in July 2013 BUT I dont want to actually start childminding until July 2014 so that would be a year between finishing my course and actually starting.....

Does anyone know whether this will be a problem?

Thanks!

you can always go through the registration process and just not starting work straight away.
if i remember rightly when you register they ask if you have done the course in the last 6 months? or it might be you must complete it within the next 6 months? im not 100% sure on that though so prob best to check with ofsted. but there is nothing stopping you from delaying starting work for a few months.