PDA

View Full Version : Disqualification Process when already registered?

Pocketchick
11-02-2013, 01:02 PM
Hello All,

I am hoping someone has been in a similar situation and can give me some advice please. I've been a childminder for 4.5 years. I have a new partner who has a criminal record. Although he is never here during minded hours at the moment, and doesn't stay over when I am working, we have started to talk about moving in together. I know once he moves in I will have to complete the EY2 form, my worry is that because of his record I will get disqualified and be letting a lot of families down, I would like to really pre-warn them in case this happens.

His offences are all more than 5 years old, I have looked on the disqualification guidance and none of his offences are listed in the ones which would make him disqualified but he does have a shady past and a long list of cautions and charges including drink driving, carrying weapons and aggressive behaviour. My worry is that Ofsted are going to look at this list and decide to disqualify anyway.

Will they shut me down while they wait for his CRB check? And how long for? I guess we will have to go through the interview process with Ofsted like what happens on pre-reg if someone is disqualified. I guess they will probably put restrictions on the time he can be in the house etc but what happens if he is sick? I have to close the business?

Rick
11-02-2013, 01:15 PM
Hello All,

I am hoping someone has been in a similar situation and can give me some advice please. I've been a childminder for 4.5 years. I have a new partner who has a criminal record. Although he is never here during minded hours at the moment, and doesn't stay over when I am working, we have started to talk about moving in together. I know once he moves in I will have to complete the EY2 form, my worry is that because of his record I will get disqualified and be letting a lot of families down, I would like to really pre-warn them in case this happens.

His offences are all more than 5 years old, I have looked on the disqualification guidance and none of his offences are listed in the ones which would make him disqualified but he does have a shady past and a long list of cautions and charges including drink driving, carrying weapons and aggressive behaviour. My worry is that Ofsted are going to look at this list and decide to disqualify anyway.

Will they shut me down while they wait for his CRB check? And how long for? I guess we will have to go through the interview process with Ofsted like what happens on pre-reg if someone is disqualified. I guess they will probably put restrictions on the time he can be in the house etc but what happens if he is sick? I have to close the business?

I think it's always best to get it from the horses mouth. Give Ofsted a ring and sound them out

QualityCare
11-02-2013, 01:19 PM
I agree give ofsted a ring now and see what they say.

acorns
11-02-2013, 02:46 PM
Call Ofsted but be prepared for them to ask questions about his contact with mindees now. I wouldn't necessarily warn parents now as it may be ok, but Ofsted should be able to givethe correct advice