PDA

View Full Version : 'Green' sticky eyes.

nipper
11-02-2013, 11:07 AM
Sorry yet another thread about conjunctivitis...:panic:
Two of my under three's now seem to have had this in the last week. The thing is, they arrive and no mention is made, and then a little later on the kids turns around from whatever they are doing and hey presto...green (what can only be described as snot) coming out of the corner of their eye (or both in some cases).

I know some people exclude for sticky eye/conjunctivitis and some don't. HPA guidelines also say it is not excludable (sorry if that isn't a word).

Do I suggest to parents a trip to the doctors or just to bathe it? It really isn't fair to bring this into my home and I really don not want my own children to catch it.

TNT
11-02-2013, 11:11 AM
Have they got colds at the moment? My own children always get 'snot like' gunk coming out of their eyes when they havebad colds. I dont think its contagious. We always get drops from the pharmacy and it clears right up.

nipper
11-02-2013, 11:14 AM
Yep coughs and colds with huge runny noses.

Although this particular mindee does seem to have a swollen eye...:( which I swear was not there when she arrived.

leeanne910
11-02-2013, 11:21 AM
For my own boys i have never been givem anythin...doctors prefer it to.clear itself if its viral. Cool boiled water helps. X

nipper
11-02-2013, 11:22 AM
I will suggest to mum when she collects.

tori4
11-02-2013, 11:25 AM
To give comfort to the child I would bath with warm water n cotton wool. Form nose outwards I use on by own children a few drops of lavender but obv not on CM children without parents permission. This will help with puffiness.

Very common with colds in LO's and yes doctors n HPA no longer exclude.

It's up to u - but if unwell n it's affecting their play/mood then home time I guess. I will def let's parents know and suggest doctors checks its nothing serious.

In the mean time good hygiene - hands and toys/equipment etc

nipper
11-02-2013, 11:27 AM
Oh yuk. everything is in mouth at moment....:panic:

chezzagriff
11-02-2013, 11:35 AM
When parents collect I would just say that you have noticed throughout the day the green stuff coming from the eyes and that maybe she should pay a visit to the docs/walk in to see what they say.