PDA

View Full Version : Some suggestions please people.

Dragonfly
11-02-2013, 08:45 AM
In the coming few weeks I am going to have a new child start 9 months old. On one of the days I have him I have a 16 month old ( just starting to walk) and a 2yr old (28months) I have a double little nipper pushchair, I will have to drop off and collect from school--walking 10minutes each way.What would you suggest as 2 year old couldn't walk both ways especially in horrid wet weather, has anyone tried a buggy board on a nipper? heard of pod things but i do not know what they are. Any suggestions would be helpful.

tori4
11-02-2013, 08:55 AM
Tough walk - I use back carrier I find my 16mnth really enjoys it then 2yr old n baby in pushchair.

Put ur sweat bands on and enjoy the work out :-)

Essbops
11-02-2013, 08:58 AM
Buggy boards are quite good with a poncho in bad weather!

messyplay
11-02-2013, 09:56 AM
I would get thetwo year old used to walking now and give plenty of time for the journey if its only ten minutes

Dragonfly
11-02-2013, 10:08 AM
I don't think I could manage a back pack as I"m a older model with grown up children so that isn't a option, thank you anyway.

vikkit
11-02-2013, 10:13 AM
I'm in the same position, I have a 6 month old, a one year old and a 2 year old. Both the younger ones obvs don't walk and the 2 year old can and will but as soon as we stop he will run off, debating about getting one of them goldbug backpack reins x

chezzagriff
11-02-2013, 10:42 AM
Maybe have the 2 year old walk one way and then either use a buggy board or is there not a bus that you could catch back? It is a tricky one. I was only thinking what I would do about this the other day and bus was my option.

AliceK
11-02-2013, 12:46 PM
I use a double Nipper with a buggy board, it's fine, a bit hard to get to the brake but no real problems. I would take the buggy board but also get the eldest child used to walking there as soon as you can.

xxx

Dragonfly
11-02-2013, 01:40 PM
Thank you Alice, was wondering if a buggy board would work on a double nipper them being so light (pushchair) that seems to be my best option.

vikkit
11-02-2013, 06:20 PM
Think I may have to brave the 2 year old walking and teaching him to hold the buggy!! Ekk!

jillplum
11-02-2013, 07:21 PM
I have a just gone 2 year old that has to walk some days. I put a wrist rein on him so that if he forgets to hold the buggy he cant go very far!

Tazmin68
11-02-2013, 07:29 PM
I use a wrist strap with walkers mainly as I use car and only need to walk from car to from school only a coupl of minutes and a buggy board is no use as I have to fit buggy in back of zaf with all 7 seats in use so no space for anything else.

Tazmin68
11-02-2013, 07:32 PM
[QUOTE="Tazmin68;1209844"]I use a wrist strap with walkers mainly as I use car and only need to walk from car to from school only a coupl of minutes and a buggy board is no use as I have to fit buggy in back of zaf with all 7 seats in use so no space for anything else especially if I am using the double buggy.
Am using a double

Rubybubbles
11-02-2013, 08:17 PM
I use a double out and about (360 but the same design as nipper) with a maxi buggy board I have 2 1 yr olds and a 2/3 year old on the board most days (it's 40 minute walk there and back to school) No dramas at all with it still easy to push and handed for them to jump off and walk (but gives the choice to jump on and go quicker if horrid weather or like me rushing back for a 9:30 drop off lol!

mushpea
11-02-2013, 09:05 PM
i have a 7 month old, 1yrold and a 2yrold on a monday, the 2yorld is nearly 3 but since he was just 2 i have 'trained' him to walk a bit further each day, he can now handle a 20-30 min walk there and back to either morrisons or our allotment,the other day we did both as they are only 5mins apart and he was fine, flaked out after lunch though lol
can you start now and increase how far he walks each day? if not I would get a lascal buggy board, they seem to fit most prams although are expensive, I was watching one on ebay but its got to over £20 plus postage and for one day I dont feel its worth it, if it was everyday I would defo get one.

jelly jiggles
11-02-2013, 10:41 PM
Hi I have been using a buggy pod for 2 years now and it was a God send when it arrived. When the child is walking it folds nicely at the side.

vikkit
11-02-2013, 11:02 PM
Yes I've seen them but wondering whether the goldbug pack back would be better...unsure at the moment

littlelollies
12-02-2013, 07:07 AM
I use a double buggy and 2 buggy boards pushchair weighs a tonne but my arms are rock hard now!!!!! Lol

vikkit
12-02-2013, 09:23 AM
Well I had 1 less child today so had the 2 year old walk on reins and hold my hand, all went ok until he wanted to go in the nursery himself, managed to get through the door too and wasn't happy when I took him back out! But I guess we can work on that. May try walking again with 1 more child this afternoon and the buggy!!

dette
12-02-2013, 09:55 AM
i have LO who was 2 at xmas and he walks everywhere ,quite slowly since october,he wears a snow suit and a little life backpack.he holds the pram really nicely,the LO who started in october is now 21month and now he walks on the school run too,which is only a few minutes but i'm building him up.i carry 1yr old in sling and have both little boys on backpacks.much easier than a pram as we have to take children right into classrooms and i find the hardest part is getting them in and out of prams.
its amazing what these LO can do if you give them enough time to do it.i couldnt be without my littlelife backpacks.everyone always under control ,no fear of them running off if you have to let go of hands to fasten shoe laces,use cash point etc

nipper
12-02-2013, 10:10 AM
I use a double buggy and 2 buggy boards pushchair weighs a tonne but my arms are rock hard now!!!!! Lol

How do you attach two buggy boards on? :eeeek:

nipper
12-02-2013, 10:17 AM
One of my toddler mindees is 26 months and she will walk (albeit slowly) the half mile and back to school, so I just set off five minutes earlier. She is absolutely brilliant at holding hands whenever I ask her to so I'm very lucky.The other mindees are really accomodating as our my own two and we have a rule, we walk at the pace of the slowest person...!
I am currently training another mindee age 20 months to walk holding hands with reins, but it is still very hit and miss and we have had a few strops along the way. We can but persevere. Luckily the reins have an extension lead and we can choose the road way or the track way (we usually do the latter) as she can walk in safety without the dangers of fast moving cars.
The next one down has just tuned one (was walking by 11 months!) so I guess by the summer, I shall be letting her have a little trot down the track out of the pushchair...what fun that will be.

Dragonfly
12-02-2013, 10:53 AM
I will look for a maxi buggy board then.thank you Rubybubbles and for all of your replies:thumbsup:

littlelollies
12-02-2013, 11:23 AM
How do you attach two buggy boards on? :eeeek:

Same as you do one there is a bar in the middle of the double

BuggsieMoo
12-02-2013, 11:55 AM
I use a P&T double (one of top of the other) with a buggy pod with a 1 year old and 2 year old twins. My 2 year old twins couldnt manage the walk as its a good hour and 15 minutes in the morning and 2 and a half hours in the evening (eek). And yes I walk it all LOL. However, they do walk elsewhere such as too the park, friends etc.

Dragonfly
12-02-2013, 08:00 PM
Crikey bugsiemoo you must have good strong arms !

BuggsieMoo
12-02-2013, 08:18 PM
Crikey bugsiemoo you must have good strong arms !

I was aiming to be a size 6 by Christmas but now im pregnant thats not likely LOL x

Dragonfly
13-02-2013, 08:06 AM
ER what's a size 6:laughing:

LauraS
13-02-2013, 08:31 AM
ER what's a size 6:laughing:

It's a shoe size ;D