PDA

View Full Version : First week over!!

vikkit
11-02-2013, 07:57 AM
Well that was hard work!! I am glad it's over!

It was my first week last week, and it was a might of a nightmare! The 1y/o cried all the way through lunch everyday and I couldn't comfort her at all and will not settle in the travel cot and the 4 y/o is pulling the little ones and dragging then around trying to lift them. She's bascally annoying them so they end up crying and I even caught her red handed saying my son who's nearly 2 had hit her round the face but he literally walked past her!

Hoping things settle this week!

Lorna45
11-02-2013, 09:34 AM
Hi just wishing you luck and I'm sure as they all settle down and you get them into routines everything will get a little easier :)

RuthJ
11-02-2013, 09:41 AM
It does get easier!

Be firm, set ground rules from the outset for you 4YO, keep smiling and have fun! :)

Here's hoping for a better week for you x

chezzagriff
11-02-2013, 10:47 AM
Oh dear what a week! Todays my official day of starting but I dont have any children yet (apart from my own 2, which can be a handful! ha ha) I am looking forward to my first week but I have a feeling I will also be posting on here saying Im glad its over.lol. In the nursery I worked in I was sometimes left on my own with 8 2-4 year olds though so I cant see it being as hectic as that, I hope not anyway.

vikkit
11-02-2013, 10:55 AM
Well good luck chezza!! I think it must be in the planning!
Although to be fair I think I tried to do too much in the first week...I was trying to write in all their diaries, do observations and trying to do activities I'd planned when really all they wanted was to look around and play with all the toys as it was all new to them

chezzagriff
11-02-2013, 05:14 PM
Yeah I will be doing daily diaries but Im not going to start observations until the 2nd week. I call the first week the 'settling in' period. So maybe just a little paragraph at the end of that week to say how it went. We will see what happens anyway :p Im going to my first network meeting tomorrow so Im hoping that will get me known a bit more and hopefully I will have some children soon. I cant wait even though I know how crazy its going to be and how my house is going to be trashed.ha ha I hope today went a bit better for you anyway.

vikkit
11-02-2013, 06:07 PM
The younger one was sick so I didn't have her or the older sister in the end, just my boy and the 5 month old. Was nice as when they had a sleep I managed to get all the obs from last week written up with pics printed so sort of caught up now!
I still do the daily diaries each day but now just have a note pad that I keep open and just jot stuff down in that until I can sort it out. Good luck in your network group x

chezzagriff
11-02-2013, 11:26 PM
Glad your all up to date, nothing worse than having a big backlog of paperwork and then having to find time to complete it, especially when you have just started!! Thanks Im quite excited to go to the network meeting, infact Im off to bed now so Im fresh as a daisy. ha ha

littlelollies
12-02-2013, 07:01 AM
Good luck it does get easier I was convinced I had made a massive mistake in career choice but after a while meeting other local minders and the kids settling I love it now

Daisy De
12-02-2013, 07:31 AM
It does get easier but everyday can be different.

Some good, some bad. Just take everyday as it comes and if you have a bad day, just smile, pick yourself up and remember the odds are tomorrow will be better. A glass of wine or some chocolate in the evening has also been known to help :D

vikkit
12-02-2013, 09:19 AM
The wine came out last night!! So did the kebab shop menu too!! Lol