PDA

View Full Version : grading visit due

3 little ducks
10-02-2013, 09:16 PM
Hi< am awaiting my grading visit this week, very nervous and scared. Esp as it is the same dragon that did my pre reg and she is a dragon believe me!!!:mad: Anyway, my toys are stored in utility room, just off the kitchen, as there is cat food, hoover etc out there, i dont let kids go out on there own to select toys, i go with them to choose. silly question, but is this still self selection? does self selection have to be in the room? they still choose what they want, i just go with them to pick. Before they come i put out a few things i know they like so there favourites are waiting when they come in and always have some drawing and books out, but dont want everything out all the time. It works for me and the kids but will the dragon be ok with it? thanks in advance, looking forward for it to be ove rthen i can get some sleep!

Rick
10-02-2013, 09:23 PM
Hi< am awaiting my grading visit this week, very nervous and scared. Esp as it is the same dragon that did my pre reg and she is a dragon believe me!!!:mad: Anyway, my toys are stored in utility room, just off the kitchen, as there is cat food, hoover etc out there, i dont let kids go out on there own to select toys, i go with them to choose. silly question, but is this still self selection? does self selection have to be in the room? they still choose what they want, i just go with them to pick. Before they come i put out a few things i know they like so there favourites are waiting when they come in and always have some drawing and books out, but dont want everything out all the time. It works for me and the kids but will the dragon be ok with it? thanks in advance, looking forward for it to be ove rthen i can get some sleep!

Just out of interest, when did you get your registration? I'm trying to estimate when I might get the call! I was registered in October. As my wife and DS are away at grandma's for half term I'm planning on finishing my SEF in peace next week!

Good luck by the way :thumbsup:

TAZ
10-02-2013, 09:34 PM
sounds fine to me.
Good luck with your inspection. Let us know how it goes

3 little ducks
10-02-2013, 09:42 PM
I was reg in august, good luck with your sef, not sure if i@ve done mine right, but hey it will keep her quiet reading it!!! will let you know when its over with, i'll be jumping up and down with a glass glass of vino!!!

chriss
11-02-2013, 12:27 AM
Is there a minimum number of children and/or hours you have to be childminding for Osted to come out for a first imspection ? What if you have, say, one child one day a week ? Will they still come and grade ?

FussyElmo
11-02-2013, 06:45 AM
Is there a minimum number of children and/or hours you have to be childminding for Osted to come out for a first imspection ? What if you have, say, one child one day a week ? Will they still come and grade ?

If thats all the children you have then they will come on that day.

Good luck JennyP :thumbsup:

mrstom
11-02-2013, 07:44 AM
Just out of interest, when did you get your registration? I'm trying to estimate when I might get the call! I was registered in October. As my wife and DS are away at grandma's for half term I'm planning on finishing my SEF in peace next week!

Good luck by the way :thumbsup:

I registered in March 2012 and I'm still waiting for my first graded inspection (and I know a few others on the forum who are the same).

Mrs O did call me to inspect back in August but I wasn't due to have children on roll until September so they postponed. No call since then though - maybe I'm back at the bottom of the list again??? I did call them last Friday about another matter so my head's back above the parapet!

3 little ducks
11-02-2013, 08:23 PM
Am so nervous about tomorrow, i have everything in place, paperwork all ready, sef finally complete, feel sick to the bottom of my stomach. just want it to be over with. I would so love an outstanding but because my house looks like a home not a nursery i know i wont get it. :(:(:(

MessybutHappy
11-02-2013, 10:13 PM
Good luck!!:thumbsup:

flashers
11-02-2013, 10:30 PM
Hoping all goes well for you, let us know how u get on hun x