PDA

View Full Version : what do I do know!

Kevin1964
10-02-2013, 04:56 PM
I've got 4 course's left for Childminding registration Training after this do I appy to Ofsted to become a member or do I get insurace 1st Where do IO go from here

Thanks in advace

Kevin :)

LauraS
10-02-2013, 05:26 PM
I've got 4 course's left for Childminding registration Training after this do I appy to Ofsted to become a member or do I get insurace 1st Where do IO go from here

Thanks in advace

You cant get insuranc prior to your registration, so you would apply to Ofsted first :)

chezzagriff
10-02-2013, 07:20 PM
Contact OFSTED first. It takes a while as you got to give 3 referees which they write too. You have to fill in a health declaration booklet and get your doctor to sign it. Pay the registration fee (obv.lol) I got my certificate fri and sorting out insurance 2mo. Ofsted were fine with this. Good luck with it all and make sure your policies, procedures and risk assessments are all done as they rang me on the Tues night and came out the Wed morn! Luckily I had completed everything.

Rick
10-02-2013, 09:13 PM

Thanks in advace

You don't need to get insurance until you have mindees lined up otherwise you are paying for nothing. For now concentrate on finishing the course and getting your application and other paperwork in order ready for your inspection. Ofsted are supposed to take a max of 12 weeks from when they receive your application, to when you get your certificate, this is assuming you have sent off your health declaration and CRB etc at the same time as your application and that there are no issues with those. :thumbsup:

Kevin1964
11-02-2013, 03:21 PM
When I contact Ofsted do i need to pay the 35.00 or will they send the forms first then I pay how dose it work please

chezzagriff
11-02-2013, 03:25 PM
They will send out the forms but you have to pay by so many days and your registration wont be classed as complete until you have paid

Kevin1964
11-02-2013, 03:35 PM
They will send out the forms but you have to pay by so many days and your registration wont be classed as complete until you have paid

Hi many thanks I email them :clapping::clapping:

chezzagriff
11-02-2013, 03:45 PM
No probs good luck with everything!!