PDA

View Full Version : Meals

Kevin1964
10-02-2013, 01:04 PM
While talking with A close frend who have children she said she fed up of giveing the children same thing day after day so I said I do you A week Menu. I thought she say no that ok :) but she said go on then I said I do helthy eateng she said go on then. So here my Monday and tuesday you see there no tea as this was just snack food (helthy)

Monday
Tomato & Basil Omelette
A quick and easy omelette flavoured with Garlic, Nutmeg and Basil, combined with mature cheese and diced fresh tomatoes for a simple breakfast which is full of flavour, but light and healthy.
Ingredients
1 tbs olive oil
1 onion, chopped
8 eggs
50g (2oz) mature cheese, grated
1 tsp Schwartz Garlic Granules
1/4 tsp Schwartz Nutmeg Ground
1 tbs Schwartz Basil
2 tomatoes, diced
Schwartz Sea Salt and Black Pepper to season
Method
STEP 1Heat the oil in a frying pan and add the onion, fry for 5 minutes, until softened.
STEP 2Beat the eggs and add the cheese, Garlic, Nutmeg and Basil.
STEP 3Pour the egg mixture and tomatoes into the hot pan and stir until it begins to set. Season with Salt and Black Pepper. Continue to cook for 6-10 minutes, or according to taste.

DINNER

Chicken Salad and greens

½ cup plain, nonfat Greek-style yogurt ¼ cup low-fat mayonnaise ½ teaspoon salt ½ teaspoon black pepper 1 large celery stalk, finely chopped ¼ cup red onion, finely chopped 1/3 cup grapes, cut in half 2 cups leftover roasted chicken, chopped into ½-inch pieces 4 cups romaine lettuce, coarsely chopped

What to do:
In a large bowl, combine yogurt, mayonnaise, salt, pepper, celery, red onion, grapes, and chicken.
Mix gently until everything is well coated in dressing.
Divide lettuce between four bowls.
Top each bowl with some chicken salad. Serve cold.

Tuesday

Breakfast

Fun Fruit Kabobs

Ingredients:
1 apple
1 banana
1/3 c. red seedless grapes
1/3 c. green seedless grapes
2/3 cup pineapple chunks
1 cup nonfat yogurt
¼ c. dried coconut, shredded
Utensils:
knife (you'll need help from your adult assistant)
2 wooden skewer sticks
large plate
Directions:
Prepare the fruit by washing the grapes, washing the apples and cutting them into small squares, peeling the bananas and cutting them into chunks, and cutting the pineapple into chunks, if it's fresh. Put the fruit onto a large plate.
Spread coconut onto another large plate.
Slide pieces of fruit onto the skewer and design your own kabob by putting as much or as little of whatever fruit you want! Do this until the stick is almost covered from end to end.
Hold your kabob at the ends and roll it in the yogurt, so the fruit gets covered. Then roll it in the coconut.
Repeat these steps with another skewer.

Dinner

Chic' Penne

What you need:
1 box whole-wheat penne pasta (14 ounces)
3 cups of raw broccoli florettes
¾ cup of precooked chicken strips (4 ounces)
½ cup reduced-fat cheddar cheese, shredded (2 ounces)
½ cup mozzarella cheese, shredded (2 ounces)
3 tablespoons skim milk (1.5 oz)
2 tablespoons low-sodium chicken broth
¾ teaspoon salt
¾ teaspoon ground black pepper

Preheat oven to 350°F. Cook pasta according to directions until crisp-tender. Drain pasta. Place drained pasta in a 13x9 baking dish. Place broccoli in a stockpot of boiling water or a steamer for about 5 minutes. Rinse with cool water. Add the drained broccoli and the precooked chicken strips to the pasta. Sprinkle shredded cheeses over pasta mixture. In a mixing bowl, combine milk, chicken broth, salt, and pepper. Pour milk mixture evenly over the pasta mixture and mix in with a spoon. Cover baking dish with foil. Bake 30 minutes, until mixture is bubbly and cheese is melted.