PDA

View Full Version : How does everyone keep their paper tidy?!

thills
10-02-2013, 12:07 PM
I have a big box with different types of paper, card and various books children can draw in and it always looks a mess. Any tips on keeping it tidy?!

loocyloo
10-02-2013, 12:31 PM
sorry ... no !

i have a set of drawers and the top drawer has paper/card etc in for the children to help themselves too for drawing. as long as the drawer shuts i don't look!

in other drawers i have colouring sheets/things i have printed off and haven't all been used etc, colouring/pattern books, stickers and a few collage bits and finally the whiteboards & markers.

i have a set of small drawers on the top which have all the pens, crayons etc in.

mummyMia
10-02-2013, 12:49 PM
I don't let the little ones help themselves because some (especially my own dd) will draw a tiny scribble on a sheet and then take another one and another. She would go through a massive stack in a day. I put out a three or four different sheets on a small table, together with some coloured pencils and a box of stickers or some other crafty bits. If the children really want a particular colour of paper that isn't on the table they seem to be quite happy to ask me for it.

FussyElmo
10-02-2013, 12:55 PM
I just dont look in the box :D

*daisychain*
10-02-2013, 12:56 PM
Snap! Do not enter the box !

thills
10-02-2013, 01:10 PM
All much same as me then, I hate the paper box!

Craft box has different things kept in Chinese take away boxes to keep tidy so that one is ok!

thills
10-02-2013, 01:58 PM
My crafty resources!

Daisy De
10-02-2013, 02:51 PM
Paper tidy !! Is that possible? Passed me by if it is.

Put the lid on the box after use and never enter until needed again, like Jumanji don't mess with the box !:laughing:

FussyElmo
10-02-2013, 03:16 PM
On the plus side my paper box is alot tidier than the scrap material box :laughing::laughing::laughing:

You name it and it gets put in that box :D

greanan
10-02-2013, 04:13 PM
I have one of them set of 4 plastic drawer tower things. Al the paper and card goes in one drawer then shut so it looks tidy x

blue bear
10-02-2013, 04:23 PM
We have a curtain we can pull around the craft table, shove everything under and pull round the curtain, what mess :laughing:

sarah707
10-02-2013, 04:37 PM
Messy craft boxes = independent creative children :D

Daisy De
10-02-2013, 04:38 PM
I have a craft box which is entitled stuff that doesn't fit anywhere else. It's pretty full of bits and pieces I find, recycle, buy or get from the scrap store that is so bizarre it has no official place of residence in my other boxes but that I know will come in handy one day :D