PDA

View Full Version : Half term.

nikki thomson
10-02-2013, 10:02 AM
Hello peeps, well it's half term what's everyone upto next week?, I'm only working Thursday, wooo hoooo and hubby is on leave for the week so going to do some family things, off to longleat tomorrow (hoping its not to wet and cold), and just chillin for the most part, anyone doing anything exciting with the kids?. X

littletreasures
10-02-2013, 10:12 AM
We've got another week before half term.

I'm in the very lucky position where all my parents are teachers, so ...............

I get the week off :clapping::clapping::clapping::clapping:

Rick
10-02-2013, 10:21 AM
I'm working all week but as my wife's a teacher she will be taking my DS to see grandma so it makes it a bit easier for me. Most toddler groups are shut so planning trips out to the farm, library, soft play etc so should be a fun week! :D

*daisychain*
10-02-2013, 11:04 AM
I'm hoping for a dry week so we can spend most of the week outdoors :) fingers crossed x

The Juggler
10-02-2013, 11:33 AM
i'm working mon-wed but monday is just 1 x 10 year old who is a friend of dd's so we are going to Guildford spectrums to have fun on teh waterslides :clapping:

2 days with littlies then off to my mum and dad in wales on wed night, drop the kids off and Thursday morning me and dh going to a spa hotel for 2 days (1 night) - it's only 20 mins up the road from mum and dad and sooo cheap! can't wait. have my cossie and my book all ready :D

loocyloo
10-02-2013, 12:39 PM
i've got another week till half term!

but so far in half term ... on day off we are going to have family photos done! ( were given a voucher to do so for christmas! we only had them done a couple of years ago and so am not fussed about a whole family photo, but am hopeing for a nice one of my 2, as their joint school photos were not good! DS was lovely in one and DD had screwed her face up, then in the other photo they had swapped !!! )

then i am planning on booking my two into a day camp at the zoo and having a whole day with just my LOs, then i think we're off to the woods for a day, meeting a friend at soft play and then i'm not sure about the last day yet ...

mushpea
10-02-2013, 12:45 PM
got another week yet till half term, im only working Monday and thursday so will just go with the flow, monday we will probably try and get out somowhere if its dry as I dont have a car, my daughter is in poland from wednesday this week till next thursday so the thursday will be a chill day cause she will be shattered , the wednesday my son is out for the day with boys brigade and tuesday me and him will probly go bowling then Friday it will be me and my two so another treat day if I have any cash left by then lol

Tazmin68
10-02-2013, 01:34 PM
Another week to go. With my own two boys I wil have 4

Tazmin68
10-02-2013, 01:36 PM
[QUOTE="Tazmin68;1209134"]Another week to go. With my own two boys I will have 4 children Monday and Friday with 5 on the other days. We are off to a children's centre Tuesday, leisure centre Wednesday.

Maza
10-02-2013, 01:56 PM
I'm working Tue, Wed and Thur. One of those days I am looking after an old mindee which will be great. He is my DD's best friend and so it is like having a holiday looking after him because he and DD play sooo well together and it keeps her out of my hair, bless her. She just hasn't clicked with the baby mindee that I currently look after and it's hard work having the two of them together all day when there is no nursery for her! We'll just go with the flow when minding. On one of my days off we'll go on a nice trip. I fancy the zoo if it's pleasant weather and the Science Museum if it's bad weather. x

cathtee
10-02-2013, 03:43 PM
I have another week to go til we finish, and hopefully by then the new conservatory will be finished and me and the lo's will have an adventure
moving the toys into their new home, fingers crossed for them finishing by saturday.

manjay
10-02-2013, 03:53 PM
It is ours this week too! I have too many each day to fit in the car so we will be making use of what is within walking distance and more importantly free:thumbsup:

Just the thought of a week without having to plan car seats with military precision is fantastic:laughing:

blue bear
10-02-2013, 04:34 PM
I'm working as normal but three of my little nes are term time only so will only have 5 on Monday 4 on Tuesday and Wednesday, five on Thursday and 4 on Friday, so a quiet week for me.

Toothfairy
10-02-2013, 04:40 PM
We don't break up until the 15th, so another week to go, then a week off :clapping:
I'm having my hall, stairs and landings decorated and new stair carpets being laid while I'm off.
Can't wait, it's not been done for nearly 10 years :blush:

Kevin1964
10-02-2013, 05:00 PM
I thought half term was not next week but the week after must be diffrent part of the country have diffrent week off and the only reason I know this is in the week when they off I got no course to do LOL

FussyElmo
10-02-2013, 05:39 PM
Another week to go and then no work for me :-)

Think we are on countdown

lozzy23
10-02-2013, 05:48 PM
Another week for us here too!

Next Sunday will be driving to Austria with our 3 teenagers and then a week of skiing and sledging- such fun. Yay:clapping:

chezzagriff
10-02-2013, 07:13 PM
Our half term is the week after next and Im hoping I get some enquiries!lol. Officially able to mind from tomorrow as my maternity ended fri. If not tho I plan to take my own children on a few days out

Vickster
10-02-2013, 09:13 PM
I am working next week, Tues, Weds and Thurs. I will have 4 each day, two 2yo's my 3 yr old and my 7 yo. I am planning a day trip to a farm and a day trip to the forest and then a park and library day. I would stay at home but my son (7) goes crazeeeee and its easier to be out in these Feb holidays. Lie in tomorrow and we (my family) are off to London on Friday to see friends for two nights. Roll on Friday!!!

samb
10-02-2013, 09:18 PM
Our half term is not for another week either. I am only working Tues and Thurs as I have 2 term time only, 1 new child starting after half term and siblings on holiday! So I will only have 1 baby on Tuesday and the baby and a 3 yr old on Thursday plus my 2 so very quiet. I am so tired already this year so pleased I can have a quiet week without actually taking it off!