PDA

View Full Version : new registration ???

chezza85
10-02-2013, 03:44 AM
Hi everyone..
I have passed my level 3 diploma in childcare in 2009/10 but after about 12 months of getting my house ready i rang to register and they said it was too late now to do it and will have to take tye course again?? Is this true ?? Now my hpuse is fully ready to be registerd ..i need to know if i have to take the course again ? Thanks .....

Helen79
10-02-2013, 11:40 AM
If you've done the full diploma you won't have to do it again. If it was just the one module that you do as part of the Introduction to Childminding Course, then I think they like you to repeat the ICP course incase any information has changed since you last did it.
When I registered, you could start the registration process and complete the course within 6 months of registering so you could start the process while you do the course to speed it up. Not sure if it's all changed since i did it though.

moggy
10-02-2013, 03:18 PM
You need to talk to your local authority- they decide what course you need to take. Send them a copy of your certificate- did you do the CYPOP5 unit for your Level 3? If you did not then that might be why they are asking for it. Or maybe your local auth has some rule about how recent the qualification was... Unfortunately each LA has their own rules so despite what advise you get here it is up to the LA and you to come to an agreement.

Helen79, it has all changed LOL! There is no ICP any more and you need full qualification (CYPOP5 or what your LA asks for) before registering.

FussyElmo
10-02-2013, 03:21 PM
I think there is a good chance you are going to have to do the CYPOP5 before registering.

Ring your la and ask them first thing in the morning :thumbsup:

chezzagriff
10-02-2013, 08:58 PM
You wont have to do your level 3 diploma again just the unit relating to childminding.

TAZ
10-02-2013, 09:05 PM
Your level 3 diploma will still be valid but prob need to do the CYPOP5, which is 1 unit of the new level 3 diploma (children & young people's workforce)