PDA

View Full Version : Pogo

Littleglees
08-02-2013, 09:28 PM
Are these available on eBay and amazon or a proper electrical shop ?

Sare x

Sarah's Jellytots x

singlewiththree
08-02-2013, 09:30 PM
You can get them through Amazon and previously if you used the forum link they got a % but don't know if that still works since Richard took over as haven't been around much.

sarah707
08-02-2013, 11:14 PM
I was lucky enough to get mine second hand from someone on the forum - check play.com and amazon and compare prices and paper costs :D

McKenzie
08-02-2013, 11:31 PM
I Just got one second hand on ebay for £17; there are a few on there at the moment h

lubeam
08-02-2013, 11:55 PM
What's a pogo?! :)

lubeam
08-02-2013, 11:56 PM
What's a pogo ? :)

Littleglees
09-02-2013, 06:05 AM
It's a printer as such, it prints out on stickers and deletes the pic straight away so it isn't storied on any hardware / software on your premises x

Saves you spending out money on data protection licences.

Sarah's Jellytots x

Mouse
09-02-2013, 07:54 AM
It's a printer as such, it prints out on stickers and deletes the pic straight away so it isn't storied on any hardware / software on your premises x

Saves you spending out money on data protection licences.

Sarah's Jellytots x

I was told that if you took any photos at all on a digital camera or mobile phone you would have to register with ICO, whether or not you deleted them straight away.

Littleglees
09-02-2013, 08:03 AM
I thought the same to, early years said it was cheaper to go the pogo way !!! I never realised when I took up childminding it would cost so much :-(

Sarah's Jellytots x

vikiwizz
09-02-2013, 08:15 AM
Just to warn you pogo is not comparable with an Iphone

Mouse
09-02-2013, 08:16 AM
I thought the same to, early years said it was cheaper to go the pogo way !!! I never realised when I took up childminding it would cost so much :-(

Sarah's Jellytots x

What I would say is your local Early Years team don't always get it right! I would phone ICO yourself and see what they say. No point in paying out for a pogo, then finding you have to register anyway.

You also have to think about times when you will want to put photos on your computer. I use photos of the children for making name cards, in craft, in my album that I show new parents etc. Little pogo stickers would be no good for that. I take loads of photos and certainly couldn't manage just with a pogo.

Littleglees
09-02-2013, 08:36 AM
Just been on the ICO site it's £35 for a year which to me isn't a bad price, I'm of to dancing now (Saturday morning madness) and will complete the form later and pay by bacs.

I'm terrible at letting things run out and I can see me doing observations and realising I have no stickers left and then having to order them and wait for arrival !!!! X

Sarah's Jellytots x

SammySplodger
09-02-2013, 10:25 AM
I have a Pogo but stopped using it so much when I got an iphone, cos the Bluetooth doesn't work. Shame - it's really handy! Kids love it DD uses it as compatible with her phone.

lubeam
09-02-2013, 11:26 AM
Thanks Sara :) x

Bennie
09-02-2013, 11:37 AM
Are these available on eBay and amazon or a proper electrical shop ?

Sare x

Sarah's Jellytots x

I bought a second hand one. Unfortunately they don't work with most smart phones not just I phones. It does work with my camera though and I think its cheaper than buying printer ink

chezzagriff
09-02-2013, 12:00 PM
Im confused :( I will be using a digital camera and printing off the sd card in Asda then deleting the photos. The photos will only be used for observation files and when making cards for their family. OFSTED or no-one on any of the courses I have been on has mentioned having to pay a fee for doing this.

sarah707
09-02-2013, 12:08 PM
Im confused :( I will be using a digital camera and printing off the sd card in Asda then deleting the photos. The photos will only be used for observation files and when making cards for their family. OFSTED or no-one on any of the courses I have been on has mentioned having to pay a fee for doing this.

You are paying to comply with data protection laws because you have information about a child - photos, details etc - on digital media.

Once the photos are on a memory stick, camera, phone, computer or anywhere that is digital then you have to comply with data protection laws - and that means registering with the Information Commissioners Office.

Does that make more sense? :D

chezzagriff
09-02-2013, 12:16 PM
Oh right ok so do I just give them a ring? OFSTED should really inform people about this or it be mentioned on the pre-registration course. Who checks to make sure that you have registered? I like to keep all my information in files, one for OFSTED one for food standard etc. so just want to know which file I need to put this proof in. Thanks

Tazmin68
09-02-2013, 01:16 PM
when i was last inspected she wanted to check the ICO certificate. So osfted do check. I have a htc smart phone and that is compatible with the kobo

Littleglees
09-02-2013, 07:15 PM
I've posted of form and paid and hoping this is enough to please inspector next week :-(

Sarah's Jellytots x

chezzagriff
09-02-2013, 08:08 PM
Ive looked on the website but cant seem to find how I register? Do I just email them or is there a form I need to fill out? Its a good job I was having a scan through all the threads or I would never have known! Think its really bad that OFSTED didnt even mention it.

Littleglees
09-02-2013, 08:26 PM
It's to the right of the screen , it is small :-( you full form in print sign and send off, pay by bacs or cheque or download direct debit form

Sarah's Jellytots x

Littleglees
09-02-2013, 08:29 PM
Try ICO for childminders data protection on google x

Sarah's Jellytots x

Littleglees
09-02-2013, 08:30 PM
Try ICO for childminders data protection on google x

Sarah's Jellytots x

Sarah's Jellytots x

chezzagriff
09-02-2013, 09:39 PM