PDA

View Full Version : Disappointed

SonnysMummy
26-06-2008, 06:23 PM
Well...a parent was supposed to be coming to have a look around today...my very first enquiry...and she didn't turn up:( No call or anything...just didn't come!!! Should i phone her to see why she didn't come or just put it down as a time-waster? I was so excited though...spent ages getting my house immaculate and setting all the toys out...got my paperwork ready...then sat there waiting for 2 hours thinking she would eventually arrive...silly me:rolleyes:

Pudding Girl
26-06-2008, 06:27 PM
Fraid to say you may as well get used to it, it has happened to me more than twice now and only been operating since Feb!

Some people have no manners :angry: but I won't chase people, as if theya re like that, then I don't want to work with them!!

Lou
26-06-2008, 06:29 PM
Sorry to hear that this happened, sadly it has happened to me many times over the yrs and i have just put it down to experience.

I wouldnt ring if it was me as i always think if i have to ring and remind someone of an app, then what measures will i have to take to remind them to pay!!!!

katickles
26-06-2008, 06:30 PM
Oh thats a shame.

Personally I would give her a call. Maybe something came up, she may have lost your address or number or simply forgot.

Having said that it does seem to happen a fair bit, but at least if you ring you will know one way or the other.

:)

sue m
26-06-2008, 06:34 PM
That happened to me yesterday. My first enquiry and I spent all day getting ready and she didn't turn up. I had to rush my tea in case she came late cos I was going to the safeguarding children meeting. They can pick the phone up to make the appointment but don't have the flaming decency to ring and cancel! My friend said why don't you ring her, I said she can *** off, I'm not bothering, it'll only pee me off and make me mad lol. I wouldn't waste my time.

Sue x x

SonnysMummy
26-06-2008, 06:48 PM
I don't think i'll bother ringing...the only decent explanation would be if she thinks it's another day and turns up then but i doubt it. Don't think she's lost my number as she has my leaflet which i posted through her door and rang me off her mobile so my number would be in that. I called her back yesterday to ask if she was still ok for today and explained that my little boy was recovering from chicken pox so i'd send him to his grandparents for a couple of hours if she didn't want her little one around him...but she said she didn't mind as she'd rather he got them while he's young and she also confirmed my house number and said it's only around the corner from her...she sounded sure that she was coming!!! If something urgent came up then she would surely have rung by now to apologise and arrange another meeting. I guess if she's going to let me down now...then she's probably the type that wouldn't pay on time...so maybe i am better off!!! People can be so rude!!!:mad:

mum22
26-06-2008, 06:48 PM
Hi

If I have new parents due to come and see re vacancy, I always give a curtesy call the day before to make sure arrangements are still ok. If they then dont turn up then i dont bother calling back. hasnt happened to me yet - touch wood.

x helen

katickles
26-06-2008, 06:51 PM
I don't think i'll bother ringing...the only decent explanation would be if she thinks it's another day and turns up then but i doubt it. Don't think she's lost my number as she has my leaflet which i posted through her door and rang me off her mobile so my number would be in that. I called her back yesterday to ask if she was still ok for today and explained that my little boy was recovering from chicken pox so i'd send him to his grandparents for a couple of hours if she didn't want her little one around him...but she said she didn't mind as she'd rather he got them while he's young and she also confirmed my house number and said it's only around the corner from her...she sounded sure that she was coming!!! If something urgent came up then she would surely have rung by now to apologise and arrange another meeting. I guess if she's going to let me down now...then she's probably the type that wouldn't pay on time...so maybe i am better off!!! People can be so rude!!!:mad:

Well she doesn't have any excuses then - just been very rude. Don't bother calling hun, put it down to experiance that there not all as reliable as us!

louise
26-06-2008, 06:56 PM
Hi, I had this. I let her have a sunday interview due to me having a pt job and hers. I shipped hubbie out she never turned up. I did a few weeks later get an email from our local cm association saying to watch out for a family of such and such who hasnt paid. It sounded like them. Then a few weeks later i got a call asking if i could start on Mon! Strangly enough i said no.

Just put it down to experiance. Annoying i know

Lou

littletreasures
26-06-2008, 07:29 PM
Sorry to hear she didn't turn up, how annoying.

littletreasures

nannan
26-06-2008, 07:43 PM
sorry for you to be let down on your first visit, how rude,
I'm of the same opinion if they cant let you know that they cant come, I wouldnt be chasing them for an explanation,
hopefully the next call you receive will turn out a lot better,

Spangles
26-06-2008, 07:43 PM
that is so rude! That kind of inconsideration makes my blood boil!

Like people who don't bother to turn up for hospital appointments etc that someone else could have had! Makes me soo mad!

I would be tempted to phone just to make her uncomfortable if it was me! Be really nice and see what rubbish she comes out with - that's if she dares answer the phone!

Stupid woman.

miffy
26-06-2008, 08:28 PM
I'm sorry you are disappointed but this does happen - shame it had to be on your first one though.

Hope you get some more enquiries soon

miffy xx

kindredspirits
26-06-2008, 09:14 PM
chalk it up to experiance and hopefully you won't get any other inconsiderate people.

anna x

Heaven Scent
26-06-2008, 09:27 PM
How rude!!!!! I've not had that happen to me yet but have had a parent not let me know that they didn't want a place - I found out later when I went to the childminders group and one mentioned to another that she'd had a visit from a family and mentioned the little girls name it was a very unusual name and the family needs were the same so I knew it was them then she mentioned the date the child would be starting with her. I was a bit gutted that they hadn't bothered to let me know - She is a deputy head at a school in a town not far from here and he works for Royal mail and is based very close to my house - I thought it was a rather bad show from a deputy head. -He got my number from the computer advert in the chippie.

Thankfully they were the only ones to do this. I still think its rude - no excuse in this day and age there are so many ways to communicate - even a txt would do!!!

I did have a mum of twins who rang regularly and made arrangements to visit then ring and cancel it and this happened a few times then she just didn't call again. I have seen her recently when she came to the minding group to speak to another minder but I didn't let on it was me - we live in a small town for goodness sake I was about to come across her at some stage this is what happens when you are scottish and call your twins by rather unusual names.

If she is like this then you are better off without her

chelle
27-06-2008, 11:18 AM
I had this happen also :mad: it can be very diheartening i can't uderstand why people don't ring to let you know they arn't coming, i wouldn't be bothered if they had changed their minds but just to let you know so your not sat in wasting your time, anyway keep your chin up better luck next time :D x

Banana
27-06-2008, 11:19 AM
Sorry to hear you had your time wasted,

hope your next enquiry turns into a contract for you!

x

caza
27-06-2008, 11:54 AM
Sorry she didn't turn up or bother to ring. Must be really disappointing and frustrating for you :mad:

littletreasures
27-06-2008, 12:05 PM
Sorry you had no communication from this Mum

littletreasures