PDA

View Full Version : Policy review date

utunu
08-02-2013, 04:51 PM
Is there a set time frame when policies due to review? e.g. every 6 month, every year, or whenever something changes?
Many thanks in advance :)

susan10
08-02-2013, 11:38 PM
There isn't a set in stone limit for updates, however, to demonstrate to OFSTED that you are self evaluating and keeping up-to-date, it's good practise to review between 6-12 months. In many cases, you will simply read your policy and think "It's fine as it is is", if that's the case;brilliant, if not, update it. In either case, write on the bottom "reviewed (date)", so Ofsted can see you did that. Of course if you do update it, share it with parents. And always review a policy or procedure after an event. For example, if you have a child off sick, review your sickness policy, or if you have challenging behaviour, review that policy. Sometimes you find that the policy doesn't quite cover a situation and can be improved. The main thing to remember is that policies are working documents, not something to be written once and filed. Hope that helps. :)

sarah707
09-02-2013, 09:53 AM
As Susan says it's not a requirement to update within a certain time frame - although the Childcare Register requires risk assessments to be updated annually and as required so I would suggest going with that for policies and procedures too.

:D

TAZ
09-02-2013, 12:23 PM
I update my policies every 12months

utunu
09-02-2013, 03:49 PM
that helps thank you all :thumbsup: