PDA

View Full Version : Convince me a better contract is around the corner please!

Daisy De
08-02-2013, 08:51 AM
Had a lady due yesterday evening, Monday-Friday 8am-4pm. Would have suited me so well as all my others finish by 4pm, her lo was the same age as a current mindee and quite honestly financially it would have been a complete life saver.

She told me she was having problems with current minder (small alarm bell rang) and wanted to change. Phoned back before visit saying she had had a long conversation with minder and they were giving things another go. I know that is the right thing to do for her and I told her on the phone that talking is essential and I hoped things worked out. She was lovely on the phone as was I :) but inside I was thinking no no no or words to that effect :blush:

Keep thinking things happen for a reason and maybe I had a lucky escape but on paper it was perfect grrrrrr.

I really need a full timer financially and they seem few and far between round here, just tell me there is another one waiting to phone me :clapping:

Tatjana
08-02-2013, 08:56 AM
Remember, nothing is perfect.

Something will come up, it always does, things change all the time.

acorns
08-02-2013, 09:53 AM
Things seem to come up when least expected, but the worst bit is waiting for aspace to be filled. goodluck

teacake2
08-02-2013, 10:01 AM
I am in the same position, had a lady round wednesday with 11 month old for 2.5 days a week, little girl as well, not looked after a little girl for 4 years.
Anyway I digress, was 45 minutes late, only lives five minutes away, no phone call so that started me thinking. Little girl was great but all Mum did was moan about the cost of childcare how it wouldn't pay her to go back to work, so why bother looking and wasting my time. She had been to a nursery that was opposite where she was working and couldn't make her mind up what to do, perhaps they would relocate down south so her father and his girlfriend could look after the little girl.
Total waste of my morning, still I suppose she did turn up eventually.
Really do need another child to look after as financially in dire straights.
Oh well like you say there must be one round the corner coming soon that will be just right for us all who looking.
We need to send positive vibes to each other I think.
Teacake2

LauraS
08-02-2013, 10:12 AM
Its surprising how quickly things can turn around... it only takes one phone call x :group hug:

Daisy De
08-02-2013, 10:15 AM
I like to think I'm a very positive person, always look for the silver lining in things, sometimes they are well hidden but always there so sending positive vibes to you Teacake2

Have been in this position before and something does always turn up, been minding for 19 years and have always got through the lean times but as I am on my own and the only income coming in it does get a bit scary sometimes. :)

Belly2009
08-02-2013, 10:36 AM
Its surprising how quickly things can turn around... it only takes one phone call x :group hug:

Or three this week! Was letting one go to fit a FT in and then they decided to decrease hours to let me do that so they didnt need to leave, another one I was going to tell I couldnt help as the space has gone rang me and needed to change her days to the quieter days I have resulting in me being full (mon - fri) and still getting 2 mornings a week to myself. One for paperwork and one for cleaning/housework! That way I have weekends off with my kids and husband and I lead a rock n roll life!!

It will happen! :)

sarah707
08-02-2013, 12:46 PM
If your alarm bells were ringing then it's for the best.

Hugs xx

nipper
08-02-2013, 12:53 PM
Your gut instincts are there for a reason. It's like waiting for a bus, three always come along at once. Hang in there it will happen x