PDA

View Full Version : Eugh, is it time for the school run yet?

nipper
08-02-2013, 08:19 AM
Need to rant.
I look after two sisters (6 &8) who attend same school as my own two. I have had them over loads of days before school after school, you name it, I've done it I now have them from on one day from 6.30am until school drop off. They are lovely girls don't get me wrong, but recently shall we say they have started getting abit headstrong and (I might add here that my two are very happy to join in) on this one day I have them by about 8.00am they start playing this 'silly' high pitched screaming game where they pretend they are animals, putting themsleves into cages an hiding under the tables....????

I feel like I need to go back to bed. Trouble is, I have three under threes after I drop them off so I have to try and keep the mess down to a minimum and usually tidied before we go to school. They are now following each other around giggling.Not exactly what I would call constructive play. I just feel as if I'm suggesting things for them to play with. The little ones are arriving now and it is a constant battle to get them to tidy up.

I can hear you thinking "And that's why I don't do schoolies!"

angeldelight
08-02-2013, 08:27 AM
Sounds great fun in your house in the mornings :laughing:

My two school children used to do that and used to set the little ones off

It's almost the weekend :clapping::clapping:

Angel xx

singingcactus
08-02-2013, 08:45 AM
Haha, that sounds like my house, but replace girls with boys. School age play is banned from the sitting room though, so if they do a rubbish job of tidying up by school time at least i have a place to corral the 2 year olds until I get a chance to go in. We have clearly defined big kid/small kid play areas. It's the only thing that stops me ebaying all the kids!!