PDA

View Full Version : this is what an agency is....

WibbleWobble
07-02-2013, 04:57 PM
What are childminder agencies? An introduction - Welcome (http://www.education.gov.uk/a00221420/intro-child-agency-england)

notice there is nothing about how this will all be financed......

wibble the independent childminder! x

FussyElmo
07-02-2013, 04:59 PM
I have just posted the same link :thumbsup:

WibbleWobble
07-02-2013, 05:03 PM
and i have posted on your too!!!

:thumbsup::thumbsup:

wibble xxx

hectors house
07-02-2013, 05:12 PM
Sounds fantastic - where do I sign :angry:

SammySplodger
07-02-2013, 05:15 PM
Wish they would just tell us who pays for agencies and how much.

loocyloo
07-02-2013, 05:38 PM
i am intrigued to discover how an agency, who by dealing with funding & tax credits will free up my time to spend with the children ... currently it takes me about , ooo , a couple of minutes once a term to fill out my funding form and return it by post or email !

wendywu
07-02-2013, 05:50 PM
So where does the peace of mind for parents come in ! at the moment every CM is inspected by Ofsted and parents have no chance of accidently choosing a non registered CM which is what this report infers.

Under the agency system Ofsted only check a few CM and the rest are to be vetted by the agency.

So the standard of the CM are only as good as the efficiency of the agency workers.. Its a disaster of human error waiting to happen. Thoughts of SS errors spring to mind :panic:

SammySplodger
07-02-2013, 06:54 PM
Is there another petition against agencies?

bunyip
07-02-2013, 07:07 PM
What are childminder agencies? An introduction - Welcome (http://www.education.gov.uk/a00221420/intro-child-agency-england)

It says they'll be "self-funded and independent of government."

ie. Set up by pen-pushers and bean-counters. The money will initially come from bank loans: presumably the same banks we're all bailing out all the time. Then they pay back the banks, solicitors, accountants, dividends, holidays in Vegas, etc. with the money that CMs have actually worked for.

I was going to bring forward the date for the Revolution, but I think if I just sit and wait long enought, there's a good chance the entire rotten system might just disappear up it's own backside. :rolleyes:

WibbleWobble
07-02-2013, 07:13 PM
It says they'll be "self-funded and independent of government."

ie. Set up by pen-pushers and bean-counters. The money will initially come from bank loans: presumably the same banks we're all bailing out all the time. Then they pay back the banks, solicitors, accountants, dividends, holidays in Vegas, etc. with the money that CMs have actually worked for.

I was going to bring forward the date for the Revolution, but I think if I just sit and wait long enought, there's a good chance the entire rotten system might just disappear up it's own backside. :rolleyes:

i wonder if a gove inspired u turn will happen.......?

wibble x

FussyElmo
07-02-2013, 07:19 PM
i wonder if a gove inspired u turn will happen.......?

wibble x

Theres been one today with them deciding not to change from gcses to ebaccs.

Mmm wonder what the sith lord is actually up to :thumbsup:

bunyip
07-02-2013, 07:21 PM
Theres been one today with them deciding not to change from gcses to ebaccs.

Mmm wonder what the sith lord is actually up to :thumbsup:

Yoda say, "Great big steaming eejit Gove is." :D

blue bear
07-02-2013, 08:05 PM
The bit I like is the sharing of toys and resources, does that mean lending to each other when inspections are due, I know some chi,dminders and nurseries that do that now.

coffee-time
07-02-2013, 08:58 PM
pretty much everything they mention on there im already getting from my childminding network! and i share toys every now and again with a good childminding friend so nothing new there either!!

loocyloo
07-02-2013, 09:01 PM
pretty much everything they mention on there im already getting from my childminding network! and i share toys every now and again with a good childminding friend so nothing new there either!!

i agree , absolutely everything mentioned is covered by my LA! and i can borrow toys from the childrens centre too!

thills
07-02-2013, 09:22 PM
Seems to be all covered by my la and family cetres as well, so seems very pointless to me! I am a new childminder, but I am happy to find my own feet and what works for me, I don't want someone taking over/ telling me what to do!

Porridge
09-02-2013, 12:47 AM
It may have already been suggested, but surely childmindinghelp.co.uk could become the best agency out there???? :D

jadavi
09-02-2013, 02:17 AM
I agree but it is a national group. How would that work locally?

sarah707
09-02-2013, 09:49 AM

I read in one of the documents (can't recall which one but it was Dept for Ed) that they will be self financing...... hmmm!

:D

WibbleWobble
09-02-2013, 09:53 AM
Yes self funding means paid for by us!!

Wibble x

sarah707
09-02-2013, 09:54 AM
Yes self funding means paid for by us!!

Wibble x

I always knew you were a very bright lady!

Sarah the independent childminder too! :D

SammySplodger
09-02-2013, 10:17 AM
I've had a few interesting exchanges on Twitter this morning about researching Childminding Co-ops - ie: a whole bunch of actual childminders deciding what to do (non-profit 'Agency' set up by and run for CMs).

I'm still of the 'hands of / if it ain't broke' mindset but it could be interesting middle-ground to consider. Will keep you posted.

SammySplodger
09-02-2013, 10:18 AM
'hands off' even :-/